OP
OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill test was a success! Rock solid apart from those small leaks at the bulkhead, very fixable.

I'm working hard to remove mineral stains on the glass. I did a citric acid soak, then hydrochloric acid, with no luck. Next tried CLR (a lactic acid lime scale remover). Finally went to the old school razor blade and a little water and that's progressing well. This stuff sucks, thank God I only need to do it once. Ha

20241014_194242.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill test was a success! Rock solid apart from those small leaks at the bulkhead, very fixable.

I'm working hard to remove mineral stains on the glass. I did a citric acid soak, then hydrochloric acid, with no luck. Next tried CLR (a lactic acid lime scale remover). Finally went to the old school razor blade and a little water and that's progressing well. This stuff sucks, thank God I only need to do it once. Ha

20241014_194242.jpg
Glad the fill test went well!

OP
OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting on a cerium oxide kit to tackle the stains, and looking to arrange wire to suspend the light. Pipework refit with more tape this weekend, the sand has arrived and needs washing, and the hardscape needs doing.

Once all that is done I think we are ready for the real fill. Going with NSW for the initial fill.

Sad news I lost a couple of gobies, they got into the air intake of the skimmer. :(

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back