IG: kennysreef - Waterbox 50.3 AIO Build

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

Recently life decided to bless me even further and gave my wife and I our first child (incoming January 2025), however, that meant we needed to make room in our house for her. That also meant my beloved Innovative Marine 200INT had to go..

However, my wife promised me that we'd be able to get a smaller one so that I could stay in the hobby and still be apart of this great community.

Tank:
Waterbox 50.3 with Aluminum Waterbox Stand

Return Pump:
Sicce SDC 3.0

Wavemakers:
2 MP40 (over kill forsure)

Lighting:
XR30 G6 Blue

Controller:
Full Apex w/ Trident

Looking forward to sharing more with you guys as the tank gets more mature.

IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_3277.jpg
IMG_3335.jpg
APC_0005.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1725551728269.png

Dragon Tamer Torch

Discussion:

What is everyone stance on Bare Bottom vs. Sand maybe even Reborn Material like @WWC
Personally, I like sand more. Yeah it can be a pain to clean at times, but it allows me to have sand sifting fish, haha.

OP
OP
KENNYSREEF

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I like sand more. Yeah it can be a pain to clean at times, but it allows me to have sand sifting fish, haha.
Definitely love a good sand wrasse, but I hate Gobies that spit sand everywhere haha.

Luckily the wrasses that I currently want like Rhomboid or Fairy Wrasses don't need sand.

clj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, love the tank and setup its beautiful.

I essentially have the same setup but I’m struggling with how to setup my rear chambers.

I have the two filter socks into media chambers with chemipure blue and filter media. But I’m thinking of switching a chamber into a refugium.

If you don’t mind me asking, how is yours setup and how is it holding up?

OP
OP
KENNYSREEF

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, love the tank and setup its beautiful.

I essentially have the same setup but I’m struggling with how to setup my rear chambers.

I have the two filter socks into media chambers with chemipure blue and filter media. But I’m thinking of switching a chamber into a refugium.

If you don’t mind me asking, how is yours setup and how is it holding up?
Hey there!

I hate filter socks, so I tossed mine and went with two Intank Filter Baskets and use filter floss on top. In the Filter baskets, I use chemipure elite sometimes blue.

The second chambers on one side I have skimmer and on the other side I run my UV.

That is about it. :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back