Waterbox AIO 50.3 Build

Lou City Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my build series for my WB AIO 50.3! I'll be updating periodically as the build progresses.

A little back story - I built out a 75 gallon tank mostly DIY with a Marineland standard 75 gallon. What I learned out about that process was: 1) 75 gallon + a 20 gallon sump was just too much for me to care for. 2) I started to DESPISE my DIY work and really just wanted something that was sleek and well put together. Although, I went with most people's suggestion of "The bigger the tank the easier it is to care for it" I did NOT find that to be true for myself. So, onto my next chapter in reef tanks!

Here are my thoughts on equipment:
Tank: Waterbox AIO 50.3
Filtration: InTank chamber media basket (2)
Return Pump: AI Axis 40 Centrifugal Pump
Power Heads: AI Nero 3 (2)
Lighting: AI Prime 16HDs

I will be aquascaping the tank with Aquascaper's Choice Dry Live Rock from Marco, so if anyone has any experience with this feel free to share pictures and let me know how it went!

I'm going to be building a controller cabinet from some IKEA cabinets and likely going with Hydros to control the tank. I've never dove into the controller side of the hobby, but I wouldn't mind getting into for simple things and adding on as I learn more.

If you have any suggestions or changes please let me know! I'm open to all ideas!

Pictures and updates to come as equipment and rocks begin to be delivered!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back