NPS - where to find the goodies

Nap500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do the european and asian reefers get their colorful nps gorgonians?? Why can't I find them in the states? They're probably banned but if anyone has any ideas or frags ($$) please let me know. Great examples of what I'm talking about in the below video.

Also, anyone know where to get a chili coral, a wire coral, or a gorgonia ventalina/mariae/flabellum? Last 3 Not nps but figure I'll ask. Also... if someone on the internet has Acropora Palmata or Dendrogyra cylindrus please pm me.

The last few are absolutely ridiculous and most probably impossible to find but if you can help me out you're awesome.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a chilli coral. Is it red with white polyps? I found it at a LFS in Sacramento and put it in my fish tank sump where it thrived for awhile but it’s been unhappy and praying for a water change.

OP
OP
N

Nap500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a chilli coral. Is it red with white polyps? I found it at a LFS in Sacramento and put it in my fish tank sump where it thrived for awhile but it’s been unhappy and praying for a water change.
Yep, that's it. requires lots of feeding. If you have a large enough overflow box it might rehab nicely in there because all of the tank's water is drawn through that single point multiple times per hour. It will thus have a taste of all available food that gets dispersed into the tank. When did you come across it?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back