+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I have some progress. ;)
That is good you are getting some answers. We ordered the 220.6 reef +hd about 2 weeks ago . We also ordered all the extras that do not come with the tank. So far we have recieved 1 email for our $8,000 . Yesterday we recieved our flex arm for the refugium light ‍♂️ . I called there customer service to ask about the size of there refugium/skimmer compartment because I have to have a regugium for my mixed reef tank and they told me to come here to Reef 2 Reef for answers ? As if they didn't have the answer to if the Nyos 220 that they sell for there tanks would fit in the sump and allow room for the refuge . I only asked based off of there 230 build on youtube where they couldn't fit the skimmer and refuge which would make me rethink buying the tank. I surely hope things start going smoother. I am also going to have to pay a moving company to bring the tank into my home as the delivery drivers will only deliver outside the garage , no matter the weather which is a huge problem for me as I am disabled and have few friends if any that could help to lift this beast, especially on short notice. On a Brighter side I am extremely excited to upgrade my tank from this 125 gallon to a 220 . 3 more feet of fun to fill. My current tank20200204_143052.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
ddoc185

ddoc185

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good you are getting some answers. We ordered the 220.6 reef +hd about 2 weeks ago . We also ordered all the extras that do not come with the tank. So far we have recieved 1 email for our $8,000 . Yesterday we recieved our flex arm for the refugium light ‍♂ . I called there customer service to ask about the size of there refugium/skimmer compartment because I have to have a regugium for my mixed reef tank and they told me to come here to Reef 2 Reef for answers ? As if they didn't have the answer to if the Nyos 220 that they sell for there tanks would fit in the sump and allow room for the refuge . I only asked based off of there 230 build on youtube where they couldn't fit the skimmer and refuge which would make me rethink buying the tank. I surely hope things start going smoother. I am also going to have to pay a moving company to bring the tank into my home as the delivery drivers will only deliver outside the garage , no matter the weather which is a huge problem for me as I am disabled and have few friends if any that could help to lift this beast, especially on short notice. On a Brighter side I am extremely excited to upgrade my tank from this 125 gallon to a 220 . 3 more feet of fun to fill. My current tankView attachment 1408737
I hope things start to progress for you. You tank is amazing!!!

jstephens24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good you are getting some answers. We ordered the 220.6 reef +hd about 2 weeks ago . We also ordered all the extras that do not come with the tank. So far we have recieved 1 email for our $8,000 . Yesterday we recieved our flex arm for the refugium light ‍♂ . I called there customer service to ask about the size of there refugium/skimmer compartment because I have to have a regugium for my mixed reef tank and they told me to come here to Reef 2 Reef for answers ? As if they didn't have the answer to if the Nyos 220 that they sell for there tanks would fit in the sump and allow room for the refuge . I only asked based off of there 230 build on youtube where they couldn't fit the skimmer and refuge which would make me rethink buying the tank. I surely hope things start going smoother. I am also going to have to pay a moving company to bring the tank into my home as the delivery drivers will only deliver outside the garage , no matter the weather which is a huge problem for me as I am disabled and have few friends if any that could help to lift this beast, especially on short notice. On a Brighter side I am extremely excited to upgrade my tank from this 125 gallon to a 220 . 3 more feet of fun to fill. My current tankView attachment 1408737

this link work? it gives dimensions on there website

Top Shelf Aquatics

Stoneys'Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

this link work? it gives dimensions on there website
Thank you for the info. I have read that however it only gives you the size of the skimmer compartment which I was assuming was including the refugium since there is no mention of a refugium . On the 230 dream build on youtube they add a nyos 220 to the skimmer and they had to remove the refugium plate which is fine for a show but not for a reef lol

Stoneys'Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope things start to progress for you. You tank is amazing!!!
Thank you very much. 12 years total in the hobby/lifestyle. We started out with a 65 gallon freshwater tank in our early days . That tank never sustained life but when we bought our first home We stepped up to an actual reef tank . We have not stopped . This build will be the 220.6 and a 85 frag to be able to make a small frag area in the future if we ever start to frag and sell some of our older stuff that you don't see quite as often anymore. We have these purple trumpets that grow crazy fast and I rarely see that color anymore ? I know it's still around but not as much and I have a ton . Or these red mushrooms that split everyday or Australian green leather trees , crazy growth on those things 2. 20200204_143145.jpg20200204_143120.jpg

OP
OP
ddoc185

ddoc185

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- Stand part is shipping tomorrow. My order included three Hydra 32HD lights. I received one Hydra 32 and two Prime freshwater lights. I am told that the Hydra's are out of stock. I notice that the Hydra box I have does not have a seal. I opened the box to find that the light is used! The light has saltwater marks on it and there is a burning smell in the box! This is unacceptable! @Waterbox Aquariums. I can't get anyone in your call center. I added this to the support case but I am at the point that I need to speak to a live person. How can you ship out a used product!

Top Shelf Aquatics

steelwrap

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- Stand part is shipping tomorrow. My order included three Hydra 32HD lights. I received one Hydra 32 and two Prime freshwater lights. I am told that the Hydra's are out of stock. I notice that the Hydra box I have does not have a seal. I opened the box to find that the light is used! The light has saltwater marks on it and there is a burning smell in the box! This is unacceptable! @Waterbox Aquariums. I can't get anyone in your call center. I added this to the support case but I am at the point that I need to speak to a live person. How can you ship out a used product!
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I always had great communication with them. Unless its changed in the year since i got my 100.3 the lights shipped direct from AI, but that doesnt excuse their lack of communication

OP
OP
ddoc185

ddoc185

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. 12 years total in the hobby/lifestyle. We started out with a 65 gallon freshwater tank in our early days . That tank never sustained life but when we bought our first home We stepped up to an actual reef tank . We have not stopped . This build will be the 220.6 and a 85 frag to be able to make a small frag area in the future if we ever start to frag and sell some of our older stuff that you don't see quite as often anymore. We have these purple trumpets that grow crazy fast and I rarely see that color anymore ? I know it's still around but not as much and I have a ton . Or these red mushrooms that split everyday or Australian green leather trees , crazy growth on those things 2. View attachment 1408774View attachment 1408795
Wow, those colors just pop!

OP
OP
ddoc185

ddoc185

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One note, the fright driver gladly put the pallet in my garage. I am in the same boat. Need to recruit some folks to help get into place or hire movers

Stoneys'Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is complete garbage ! The lights are way different , why would they do that ? They know you are gonna post about it , or maybe you should ket them know that you are

Stoneys'Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One note, the fright driver gladly put the pallet in my garage. I am in the same boat. Need to recruit some folks to help get into place or hire movers
I hope they will do that for me also . The lady at waterbox told me I could offer the frieght driver a heafty tip and they might do it ( put in the garage ) . I am gonna just open the garage and say "there please"

Avast

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the lights. I just ordered new 64HD's from Marine Depot. The lights arrived super fast, but like yours they look like the casing has been opened, screw driver type marks between the seal and they do smell like you have eluded to. Nothing to do with WaterBox though as they get to you from the manufacturer, WB don't keep the lights on site. They ship separately.

Now in my case, they did ship from Marine Depot, but not their fault either. The issue with AI seems to be a lack of quality control and a lack of customer service, in my experience. I am currently waiting a "call" from AI to have my lights replaced. It's sad, because Ecotech and AI make superb products. They are just let down by the two things I mentioned. I truly wish, from the bottom of my heart they would fix that.

Last edited:

partlycloudy531

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is normal for the Hydra 32s to not have any seal on the box so when you do get the replacement, expect the same. I really wish they would seal them. If I remember right, my Prime HD box was sealed. Not sure why they stopped sealing the new versions.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is normal for the Hydra 32s to not have any seal on the box so when you do get the replacement, expect the same. I really wish they would seal them. If I remember right, my Prime HD box was sealed. Not sure why they stopped sealing the new versions.
Nope that's not normal. It should have a seal on the box. Mine did, I had to have one of my 26's replaced. My 64's also had a seal

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

partlycloudy531

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope that's not normal. It should have a seal on the box. Mine did, I had to have one of my 26's replaced. My 64's also had a seal
The two Hydra 32s I bought from BRS did not have any kind of seal. Also all of the unboxing videos I’ve seen on Youtube of the 16s and the 32s don’t have seals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ddoc185

ddoc185

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they will do that for me also . The lady at waterbox told me I could offer the frieght driver a heafty tip and they might do it ( put in the garage ) . I am gonna just open the garage and say "there please"
That's what I did. I did tip the driver after. He seemed to have no issue.

OP
OP
ddoc185

ddoc185

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the lights. I just ordered new 64HD's from Marine Depot. The lights arrived super fast, but like yours they look like the casing has been opened, screw driver type marks between the seal and they do smell like you have eluded to. Nothing to do with WaterBox though as they get to you from the manufacturer, WB don't keep the lights on site. They ship separately.

Now in my case, they did ship from Marine Depot, but not their fault either. The issue with AI seems to be a lack of quality control and a lack of customer service, in my experience. I am currently waiting a "call" from AI to have my lights replaced. It's sad, because Ecotech and AI make superb products. They are just let down by the two things I mentioned. I truly wish, from the bottom of my heart they would fix that.
Thanks for your feedback! WB did respond and said they will take care of it.

Nutramar Foods

jstephens24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the info. I have read that however it only gives you the size of the skimmer compartment which I was assuming was including the refugium since there is no mention of a refugium . On the 230 dream build on youtube they add a nyos 220 to the skimmer and they had to remove the refugium plate which is fine for a show but not for a reef lol

1580906487240.png

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back