Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to start a thread and ask about that, I’ve had 4/8 fish attempts die in the first week. One of them was due to rough handling, one was probably due to stirring up the bottom, but 2 of them were in the tank for just under a week, didn’t really ever eat or seem to adjust. The first one was straight to display tank, this past one was quarantined cause I got ick in the main tank so why not ‍♂️
I would recommend TSM Aquatics, they’ve always done right by me! They have a great QT process. But you pay the premium for it

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend TSM Aquatics, they’ve always done right by me! They have a great QT process. But you pay the premium for it
Yeah, going forward I want to try more of the Paul B method of feed them well, keep them destressed, and they’ll be alright. It’s more just the initial week in the tank. Even with the display tank I’ve had this problem. Going to add more rockwork and hiding places on the one I’m building now.

I’ll definitely check them out for future purchases! Lfs is hard to beat for convenience, want to try NY Aquatics cause the price is hard to beat, but I will add TSM to the list

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, going forward I want to try more of the Paul B method of feed them well, keep them destressed, and they’ll be alright. It’s more just the initial week in the tank. Even with the display tank I’ve had this problem. Going to add more rockwork and hiding places on the one I’m building now.

I’ll definitely check them out for future purchases! Lfs is hard to beat for convenience, want to try NY Aquatics cause the price is hard to beat, but I will add TSM to the list
That's basically the method I go with and hadn't lost a fish (until this year when unfortunately some new arrivals were stressed to death by my existing tang... I should have done more about it but don't have a sump to throw him in when he's behaving badly). Keeping stress down and feeding really well has always worked for me otherwise! Definitely need a lot of rockwork, hiding places, and keep an eye on the resident fishes behavior toward any new fish. I've never bought from TSM, I've purchased all of my quarantined fish from Dr. Reef. Absolutely great experiences and healthy fish. Out of a LOT of orders, I've only had 1 DOA (a very sensitive wrasse species). And they communicate really fast and offered full refund or store credit. So I'd also recommend them for QT fish. In my opinion, the little bit additional in price (plus shipping) is 100% worth it. I do very occasionally purchase a fish from my LFS, but I'm very very careful about it and make sure it has been there for a couple weeks minimum, eating well, looks good, etc. They do "sort of" quarantine their fish and I trust the owner, but it really is safest to buy fully QT fish if you don't have the space or desire to do it yourself. (I don't).

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back