NEW Mitras LX7500 Coral Pop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have upgraded 2 of the 3 fixtures. I have them somewhat tuned to the same color. The new modules get there with more channels though so higher output for the same ~20K ish color. If that makes sense.

Do you notice any effects on coral look from the enhanced uv?

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you notice any effects on coral look from the enhanced uv?
Maybe a little, but honestly - not a lot given that I already had the originals violet, blue and UV cranked up and the white, red, green turned down a good but. (sort of AB+). This is closer to that color without turning down the whiter channels as much. So I do have a lot more output.

I think for people who like REALLY BLUE that they could get even more pop out of them.

Maybe the easiest way to answer is that I still don't get the same crisp pop that I would see with a 10K or 15K MH and a VHO super actinic or two.

Also - I have the power level in the UVs and deeper end set to basically drive at 100%. I am not sure what this means for lifesapan of the UVs.

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’ve been searching for that crisp color for years. Maybe this light with T5s? Or the OG with T5s?

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure that I have the answer. I have also not spent time playing around with these (at all).

I think that I like them better than the originals and certainly much better than the Radion Pros (gen 1 upgrades with lenses and clusters to Pro).

I had the NooPsyche K7s for a short period (still sitting in corner) and I like these better also. However, the K7s were a bit more of a point source, so hard to compare.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back