NEW Mitras Lightbar 3: Next Generation of Aquarium LED Illumination!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, here is the newsletter we sent out a few weeks ago about our new Mitras Lightbar 3 in case you missed it!

MitrasLB3.jpg

Prepare to be captivated by the brilliance of the GHL Mitras Lightbar 3 - the ultimate solution for unparalleled light performance in your aquarium. We are thrilled to announce the brand new Mitras Lightbar 3

Whether you're a experienced enthusiast or new to the hobby, the Mitras Lightbar 3 promises to exceed your expectations with its exceptional features:

Unmatched Light Performance: Experience the true beauty of your aquatic world with the Mitras Lightbar 3's unparalleled light output, ensuring vibrant colors and incredible growth for your aquatic plants and corals.

Tailored Spectrums: Achieve perfect lighting for all applications with fully customizable spectrums (7 independent LED color channels), meticulously designed to meet the unique needs of your aquarium inhabitants. See your corals, fishes and plants in colors as never before.

Outstanding Energy Efficiency: Say goodbye to wasted energy and hello to cost-effective lighting solutions. The Mitras Lightbar 3 harnesses advanced technology to provide maximum illumination with minimal power consumption.

Models for Marine Water, Fresh Water and Refugiums: Let Your corals glow with the Coral Pop model (includes UVA) or achieve outstanding plant growth with the Skywhite model. Combine different models as you like and get even more flexibility in creating exactly the light You want.

Perfect size for any aquarium: No compromises in light coverage with models from 40 cm (15.75") to 200 cm (78.75") in 10 cm (4") increments.

Full control: Adjust the lighting schedule, simulation features and spectrum variation over the day exactly as you want with our UPDATED apps. *)

Embrace the future of aquarium lighting and secure your Mitras Lightbar(s) 3 today at the GHL USA Store or at the GHL Germany Store or your preferred dealer. Join the countless aquarists worldwide who have entrusted their aquatic ecosystems to GHL's innovative technology.

Learn more about our Mitras Lightbar 3 at the product page.

Available in 5 models with different baseline spectrums​

Coral Pop, Deep Ocean, Ocean Blue, Skywhite and Refugium

Mitras Lightbar 3 Coral Pop Spectrum_2.png

Mitras Lightbar 3 Deep Ocean Spectrum_2.png

Mitras Lightbar 3 Ocean Blue Spectrum_2.png

Mitras Lightbar 3 Skywhite Spectrum_2.png

Mitras Lightbar 3 Refugium Spectrum_2.png

Advanced reflector and heatsink design​

Reflector with almost 100% reflection and diffusion, no disturbing "Disco Effect", massive heatsink with micro groves ensures perfect heat dissipation. Here is a Coral Pop cluster shown at 0.1% brightness.
LB3-reflectorandheatsink.png

Learn more
What is the angle of the reflectors on these? I see you have mounting options for close to the rank so I’m guessing it is something like 120 degrees. I’m just trying to see if they will worked when mounted high (my lights are around 14-16” as I use lights designed for a higher mounting height). Just wondering how much spill over I will get if I mount these light bars at that high height.

noodle_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pointed out a few times recently that 'PAR' readings are pretty much useless in the context and for the purpose that this hobby uses them. They really mean very little without spectrum data, and even then most people have no means of interpreting the data in a meaningful way.

While it's true that PAR readings have limitations, dismissing them as "pretty much useless" overlooks their practical value in this hobby.

Par readings provide a straightforward measure of light intensity within the range, which encompasses the wavelengths corals use for photosynthesis. Even without detailed spectrum data, knowing the intensity of light helps ensure that plants receive sufficient energy for growth.

PAR meter offer hobbyists an affordable tool to benchmark and compare different lighting setups, which what I did with my previous post. Not trying to proof anything but this can help identify whether light levels are too low or excessively high, and how different lighting under comparable to each other under the same tool. While spectrum data adds depth, PAR provides a quick and accessible reference point.

My personally opinion while PAR alone isn't the complete picture, it serves as a valuable complement to other metrics and observations. When combined with knowledge of specific coral requirements and visual assessment of coral health, PAR readings help create a more holistic understanding of lighting needs.

Although PAR readings have their limitations, they are far from useless. They provide essential information about light intensity that helps hobbyists make informed decisions and maintain healthy growing environments for their corals. When used in conjunction with other tools and observations, PAR readings are a practical and valuable resource in the hobby.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree measuring PAR on your tank is important but I also agree PAR maps are not that useful as there is no standard for creating them. The exercise BRS did was useful because it compared lights under the exact same conditions so you could see how they stacked up. Vendors are going to put out a PAR map that makes their light look good which means they will find the perfect setup (height above the rank, type of glass to enhance reflection, ideal dimensions for the same reason, run all channels at 100% just to boost PAR even though that isn’t the idea spectrum or visual color) this doesn’t really mirror your setup so it isn’t really a good gauge. Look at a lot of Chinese black boxes they push crazy high par numbers because they put a lot of white diodes which cover the whole PAR spectrum vs many aquarium lights that only focus on the blue spectrum. When you turn down the whites on those boxes to give a more pleasing color you lose half the intensity aka PAR. I’m more interested in the wattage, angle of the lens, channels and how many LEDs are in the color spectrum I’m interested in than and overall PAR map.

What would be ideal is if a standalone body made the par maps using the exact same process for every new light. This would give us a consistent baseline to measure a new light against even if the PAR results in our specific tanks are different.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measuring par between the g4 and the reefi uno allowed me to cut over lights without any drop in consumption. The reefis have significanfly more power earlier in the spectrum notably 400-420.

Im not even sure what point bean animal is trying to make. If it was happenstance or not, it successfully worked for my application as i anticipated it would and its a significantly better metric than trying to use my eyes to set light they cant observe the intensity of.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pointed out a few times recently that 'PAR' readings are pretty much useless in the context and for the purpose that this hobby uses them. They really mean very little without spectrum data, and even then most people have no means of interpreting the data in a meaningful way.

It would seem that some just need a number...

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it's true that PAR readings have limitations, dismissing them as "pretty much useless" overlooks their practical value in this hobby.
No, they really don’t offer much practical value.

Par readings provide a straightforward measure of light intensity within the range, which encompasses the wavelengths corals use for photosynthesi. Even without detailed spectrum data, knowing the intensity of light helps ensure that plants receive sufficient energy for growth.
No it doesn’t. It is like trying to judge the health value of a diet by looking at calories alone with no regard to the the type of calories, but even more unrevealing. Not only that but no two calorie count tools even agree on the measurement. It really is not a useful metric for numerous reasons.

PAR meter offer hobbyists an affordable tool to benchmark and compare different lighting setups, which what I did with my previous post.
No, really it doesn’t.

Not trying to proof anything but this can help identify whether light levels are too low or excessively high, and how different lighting under comparable to each other under the same tool. While spectrum data adds depth, PAR provides a quick and accessible reference point.
Reference to what?

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone tell me how these connect to the hanging mounts? Are the T-slot or is it a threaded channel?

Considering how to mount.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me how these connect to the hanging mounts? Are the T-slot or is it a threaded channel?

Considering how to mount.
The middle of the LB take M4 screws.

badpit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any recommendations how to use the lightbars to add to the 2 kessils a360x tuna blue? Does 1 coral pop and 1 deep ocean, separated by the kessils, lead to issues with the color mixing?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any recommendations how to use the lightbars to add to the 2 kessils a360x tuna blue? Does 1 coral pop and 1 deep ocean, separated by the kessils, lead to issues with the color mixing?
I don't see any issues with mixing a CP and DO with your Tuna Blue. The spread on these LB3 are very wide so they'll blend together nicely.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back