Neptune Apex Nitrate and Phosphate Monitor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Krampus

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any efforts to create a monitor for regular testing of these in a fashion similar to a Trident? If this were ever to be released then I think it would be a huge game changer for us that are inside the Apex fence. Automating arguably the two most important parameters would be such a stress relief, make more successful reefers, and be a very nice cash cow akin to the Trident.

Just curious if the idea is even being entertained around the R&D department because this is something that I've wished I could buy for years! Thanks!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any efforts to create a monitor for regular testing of these in a fashion similar to a Trident? If this were ever to be released then I think it would be a huge game changer for us that are inside the Apex fence. Automating arguably the two most important parameters would be such a stress relief, make more successful reefers, and be a very nice cash cow akin to the Trident.

Just curious if the idea is even being entertained around the R&D department because this is something that I've wished I could buy for years! Thanks!
I think ABC Reagents is probably the reason you wont see this. Trident was originally created to make a subscription model for neptune by buying their reagents monthly. As soon as ABC reagent came in and started offering this for what, 60% of the cost, Apex stopped putting money into this. Dont get me wrong, I am all for capitalism and people being competitive for the customer, but this is one of the places where it is most likely limiting our choices going forward.

ChuckTownReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABC Reagents is about to come out with there own nitrate and phosphate tester. Check there Instagram page. My question is how can a small new company ABC Reagents beat the biggest reef aquarium Controller company Neptune to the punch by creating a auto Nitrate and phosphate tester??

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if Neptune had something in the works, you’re not going to hear anything about it until release day.

Neptune blew the Trident release something fierce. Then didn’t learn their lesson and announced the MXM WAY WAY WAY too early. I can’t see them striking out yet again on a product announcement that isn’t fully ready for release.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if Neptune had something in the works, you’re not going to hear anything about it until release day.

Neptune blew the Trident release something fierce. Then didn’t learn their lesson and announced the MXM WAY WAY WAY too early. I can’t see them striking out yet again on a product announcement that isn’t fully ready for release.
How did they blow it? They said christmas...then didnt mention which century. ;) Ambiguity is your friend when making promises.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did they blow it? They said christmas...then didnt mention which century. ;) Ambiguity is your friend when making promises.

The total lack of communication is astounding to me. A simple post explaining the delay takes 5 minutes but Neptune has decided radio silence is a better way to go. Crazy

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back