Maxspect Gyre 300 Cloud Edition features multi directional flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the new impeller assembly is much better. It makes the pump reassembled much easier plus I think it keeps the Propeller centered and not making so much noise.
Unfortunately, they don't have any spare/replacement available right now. I actually bought another pump just to have the Propeller

So no spares? Bummer :(

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spare blades are your friends. Easy to reach in, take apart, swap, and reset. Toss the ones just replaced into a bucket of citric acid for 24 hours, rinse, and save for the next month. That is the only reason why I still use gyres. If I didn't have spares they would be in the garbage bin.
I have spare blades and all manner of spare parts …the magnetic motor block strips constantly so I have to keep 2-3 in stock at all times. The amount I have spent on upkeep on these I should have just gotten 2 MP60’s which is what my gut said.

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spare blades and all manner of spare parts …the magnetic motor block strips constantly so I have to keep 2-3 in stock at all times. The amount I have spent on upkeep on these I should have just gotten 2 MP60’s which is what my gut said.

Ah, sorry to hear. I was running 2 x XF280's for a good while and didn't like the cleaning maintenance when it came time to do that. Tear down and reassembly was always a chore just because of how fidgety it was to put back together. One of the XF280's started to show exposed wires on the block so I canned that one for spare parts and now use it for the remaining one. I added a 4k gyre and a wave engine le so I could control both. The 4k came with spare parts so now between the two I just do everything over the display, reset, then soak. So far it is working ok.

I hear you though. Sounds like you had a rougher time than I. The laminar flow is hard to beat. Using the maxspect controller getting a standing wave, left and right pulse pattern, was a joy. The wave engine LE is limited and I'm not able to get similar results.

Oh well - didn't mean to derail.

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, sorry to hear. I was running 2 x XF280's for a good while and didn't like the cleaning maintenance when it came time to do that. Tear down and reassembly was always a chore just because of how fidgety it was to put back together. One of the XF280's started to show exposed wires on the block so I canned that one for spare parts and now use it for the remaining one. I added a 4k gyre and a wave engine le so I could control both. The 4k came with spare parts so now between the two I just do everything over the display, reset, then soak. So far it is working ok.

I hear you though. Sounds like you had a rougher time than I. The laminar flow is hard to beat. Using the maxspect controller getting a standing wave, left and right pulse pattern, was a joy. The wave engine LE is limited and I'm not able to get similar results.

Oh well - didn't mean to derail.
I really wanted to love them. The flow is really great when they’re working. They’re not quiet but compared to 2, MP60’s they are. I have a clean tank. Exceptionally clean. I don’t know why they act this way. Clean them, put them back together, get an error. Adjust adjust adjust. Error. Cycle repeats for 2 minutes to several hours. Then there’s the stripped shafts which seems to happen a few times a year.

The wave engine helped things. Prior to it I lost 2 controllers due to internal components dying….but about a month ago I lost one of the wave engine ports. Luckily I only need 2.

I’m really torn here on whether to buy a new set of Gyre’s and rotate them in/and out every month (which is difficult on my tank) or scrap it and go with the MP60’s.

Dukereefnz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a 6 month old FX350 impala die and the motor is toast.
I am in NZ and the supplier - small - can not replace it, he is offering Jebao at half price.... I have to buy Jebao set for half price when this is under warrantee. LOL

Is the new pump able to run from the old controller? If so i may just buy a new XF350 cloud pump.
But need to know if it will run on the old controller...

SPS247

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in NZ and the supplier - small - can not replace it, he is offering Jebao at half price.... I have to buy Jebao set for half price when this is under warrantee. LOL

Is the new pump able to run from the old controller? If so i may just buy a new XF350 cloud pump.

I asked the same question back in Feb. post #20. No answer. I was hoping somebody would chime in.

Jason_MrFrags

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I asked the same question back in Feb. post #20. No answer. I was hoping somebody would chime in.

Yes they fit/run with the old controller or Hydros. I just swapped out some of mine for the new Cloud version. Its even better now for shallow frag tanks being able to adjust directions of 4 different flows (up/down, Left/Right) instead of just up/down. Now to sell off the old pumps/controllers

SPS247

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they fit/run with the old controller or Hydros. I just swapped out some of mine for the new Cloud version. Its even better now for shallow frag tanks being able to adjust directions of 4 different flows (up/down, Left/Right) instead of just up/down. Now to sell off the old pumps/controllers
Thanks for the update. It’s nice to know you can upgrade one piece at a time as needed.

I bet! The flow direction option looks awesome.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back