Gyre cloud edition instructions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

leepink23

Valuable Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sorry to hear that there has been some trouble with set up on these pumps. Maxspect has an instruction manual which covers warranty support, proper use, and other legal information. For programming, wi-fi connection, and the actual set up there is a full tutorial video linked below.

Parts of this video do move a bit quick, so I can understand how this can be confusing to navigate when trying to set up the pump while following along. I'll pass the idea over to the video team to see if we can't get something a bit easier to follow in the works to help with set up on these pumps! If you do have any issues with connection or warranty support you can contact our customer support team for troubleshooting and assistance on getting these set up.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for the reply. I don’t have issues navigating it. The problem is wifi will not stay connected. I contacted maxspect already. Advised to unplug for 30 minutes and plug back in. This worked for another 3 days. I have great Wi-Fi in my house and have no issues with my apex mounted beside it. I will eventually just find another solution.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out that if you choose a wave pattern and set the intensity, then you can select it by holding down the button. They do this in the video, but it’s not evident. It would be very helpful if their instructional video ACTUALLY HAD WORDS!!!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t figure out how tf to add the wifi to connect to the app. The controller’s wifi does not show on my phone’s wifi settings.
Same for me. Doesn’t show. I’m still trying to figure out manual setting before I venture into the WiFi stuff, because if it’s as idiotic as the manual stuff, I’m will surely pull my hair out.

leepink23

Valuable Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same for me. Doesn’t show. I’m still trying to figure out manual setting before I venture into the WiFi stuff, because if it’s as idiotic as the manual stuff, I’m will surely pull my hair out.
The Wi-Fi is bad on this.

btltez

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sorry to hear that there has been some trouble with set up on these pumps. Maxspect has an instruction manual which covers warranty support, proper use, and other legal information. For programming, wi-fi connection, and the actual set up there is a full tutorial video linked below.

Parts of this video do move a bit quick, so I can understand how this can be confusing to navigate when trying to set up the pump while following along. I'll pass the idea over to the video team to see if we can't get something a bit easier to follow in the works to help with set up on these pumps! If you do have any issues with connection or warranty support you can contact our customer support team for troubleshooting and assistance on getting these set up.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Thanks BRS. Yeah it's not all that stuff it's the actual use and programming of it w/ the app. The manual is useless, support was ok then they abandoned me, and your video just doesn't show how to program something using the app and the controller. That would be awesome if you could do a video about just that. I know on FB and Reddit a lot of ppl are complaining about it as well.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BRS. Yeah it's not all that stuff it's the actual use and programming of it w/ the app. The manual is useless, support was ok then they abandoned me, and your video just doesn't show how to program something using the app and the controller. That would be awesome if you could do a video about just that. I know on FB and Reddit a lot of ppl are complaining about it as well.

This is something I can talk to our video team about and see if we can't get something showing the app and controller set up a bit better. I know they are super focused on the new season of 52 Weeks of Reefing right now, but I think getting some more information on these new pumps would be a great help to the users!

fodsod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to this list also as I have the dual 330 cloud set up and the app just doesn't work.

It's on WiFi but just defaults me to the "devices" screen showing my 330s but it won't do anything else. Checked the WiFi connection on the controller and it says it's connected. I'd guess the app itself is the issue.

I use the controller and managed to figure out what some of the symbols mean by choosing them and seeing what they do.

The biggest tip is you have to hold the round button down to finalize your choice for most things. As an example, in feed mode you can use the arrow buttons to change the length of time you want feed mode to last but once you choose the length of time you have to hold the round button down until it finalizes your choice.

Either way, the advertising shows a lot of useful advantages using the app but so far it's been trash. It's a shame as the pumps work great.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back