KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Dawsokj1988

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SaltyH2O

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recognized, is fixed
Matthias, WHERE CAN i buy a your new 2,1 doser in black? It seems all of my vendors that i buy from are out of stock and onely have the white ones available. FYI- I was able to get my Maxi up and running thanks to your help in Orlando.

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dawsokj1988

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been my graph for the last week with the new tubing. I've finally enabled adaptive mode with confidence.
Screenshot (82).png

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KH-Director-manual.pdf incorrectly states the following as of the latest download available as of this writing:

"4.7 Selection of Assignment of the Pumps"
"In the GCC under Regulation, select the category KH Director, active the KH measurement". Save the changes.

That is incorrect as there is not Regulation section in the latest GCC v1.1.1.3 app. Until the correct steps are performed, the "KH Director" control will not appear in the GCC app under Probe/sensor controls and you will be stuck.

The correct steps are to select "System" from the left pane and follow the remaining steps noted in the screenshot below:

System.png

Again: You won't be able to see the KH Director listed in the GHL Control Center app until you do this step. I hope this helps someone. I think it will. :)

Cheers,
Dogtown

Last edited:

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When adding a second doser to your system, assign the new doser bank as pumps 5 - 8 (they default to 1-4 which conflicts with the first dosing pump). At step 4, go to your second doser and press the #2 manual dose button on the pump as noted in step 4 below.

Assign numbering on the device.jpg

Test your results by following the steps below. These steps will cause pump 5 to turn on long enough to move 10ml of fluid through the tubing. That's long enough for you to see it working properly as pump 5. Look for the lights on dosing pump 5 to turn on and for the pump to turn clockwise.

Test doser 5.jpg

Thanks to Marco@GHL

Last edited:

tastyfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Marco@GHLUSA

I'm interested in looking more closely at the KH Director, but I have a couple of questions. Could you please provide some direction on the below please? (Commitments not need, but roadmap would be great!)

i) Will GHL be releasing a fully cloud controlled system (GHL & KH Director)? I do not want to run Windows client software.

ii) Are you planning to add Ca and Mg monitoring/Adjustment to the KH Director's capabilities?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also make sure to purge & calibrate both your Sample water and Reagent pumps. Sample water speed 3, reagent speed 0, waste speed 3. :)

Appreciate it Marco.... For other newbies like myself, here is an unofficial, quick video showing how to adjust water speed. Easy stuff. :D

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be blasphemous, but is there a way to display alk test results on the apex fusion display?

I'd like to begin the transition to GHL but I currently have 3 systems running Apex controllers and so a alk monitoring solution that can display results in my Fusion app is an important factor for now.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be blasphemous, but is there a way to display alk test results on the apex fusion display?

I'd like to begin the transition to GHL but I currently have 3 systems running Apex controllers and so a alk monitoring solution that can display results in my Fusion app is an important factor for now.

No way to display it on fusion, but you can get the stand alone kh director for $50 more than the slave unit. You will be able to monitor this on GCC, the connect app and myghl. Then if you decide to get the profilux you can make the stand alone unit a slave unit and have it connected to the profilux under one roof. The stand alone unit also has level ports and a temperature port.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way to display it on fusion, but you can get the stand alone kh director for $50 more than the slave unit. You will be able to monitor this on GCC, the connect app and myghl. Then if you decide to get the profilux you can make the stand alone unit a slave unit and have it connected to the profilux under one roof. The stand alone unit also has level ports and a temperature port.

Thanks for the info, I was all sold on getting a couple stand alone KHD's to add to my systems but then I saw a post where someone hooked up their KH Guardian to their apex with a module and pH probe, i believe the alkatronic does something similar as well, and while that capability isn't a necessity it has definitely made me slow down a little bit and reconsider my options.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, I was all sold on getting a couple stand alone KHD's to add to my systems but then I saw a post where someone hooked up their KH Guardian to their apex with a module and pH probe, i believe the alkatronic does something similar as well, and while that capability isn't a necessity it has definitely made me slow down a little bit and reconsider my options.

Yeah I think since those one's don't have a full controller platform they thought it was important to make that connection a possibility. I'm not sure how exactly they go about controlling the alkalinity through the apex or other controller, but know they will monitor it and display the value one way or another. Nice thing about the kh director is it controls alkalinity in a very safe manner imo. The safety features built into the kh director make it pretty hard to have the alkalinity go crazy without the users input or knowledge. I don't have any experience with alkatronic or kh guardian, but know a couple guys who like them for monitoring. Haven't heard much about the methods of hiw they control alk though. Lot's of options out there, not sure who will all be around years from now, but nice to have options for now!

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think since those one's don't have a full controller platform they thought it was important to make that connection a possibility. I'm not sure how exactly they go about controlling the alkalinity through the apex or other controller, but know they will monitor it and display the value one way or another. Nice thing about the kh director is it controls alkalinity in a very safe manner imo. The safety features built into the kh director make it pretty hard to have the alkalinity go crazy without the users input or knowledge. I don't have any experience with alkatronic or kh guardian, but know a couple guys who like them for monitoring. Haven't heard much about the methods of hiw they control alk though. Lot's of options out there, not sure who will all be around years from now, but nice to have options for now!

They basically just use a module to export your alk value to the controller and use your set parameters to control an outlet through the unit itself since they are both standalone units.

The original reason I started looking at the KHD was because of how it could be integrated with the Triton method. Since all 4 parts are supposed to be dosed equally i could add on an extra slave doser and control the dosing automatically based off of alk consumption.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back