KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the last measurement goes off time zone correction see here mine is set to (UTC -5), but mine still shows an hour later than what it should. I think because of daylight savings.
Screenshot_20180329-204339.png

I've tried every setting I can think of to try and get the times to match up to the actual time and the last recorded measurement to display correctly. No luck yet. Even before the time change for daylight savings, it was off by a couple minutes. I guess from the summer time change deal?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that too @Ditto and couldn't get it to work correctly. I did UTC -6 and change in 1 day. No luck. At least before daylight savings it was only off a couple minutes, but sure seems more difficult than it should be.

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddha I looked at your profile your UTC should be -6 for central time for sure, are you in Illinois? That should at least get you within 1 hour regaurdless in a day.

Maybe GHL will chime in why we a show off 1 hour hehe.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddha I looked at your profile your UTC should be -6 for central time for sure. That should at least get you within 1 hour regaurdless in a day.

Good catch! And I also know that GHL is aware of the 1 hour issue since daylight savings. Maybe after they adress that it will work again like it was before. Although I'm still not sure what the summer time and number of days to change is for exactly?

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had another update last night and it looks like it now been corrected in that update!!

version .018.2 Fixed Localization Error was updated 16 hours ago.

Dawsokj1988

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it going for everyone with the bubble issue? I never had a problem with it personally but I hope its going well for all of you now.
I switched mine to measure twice a day with 100 ML sample and switched to a glass bottle for the reagent. So far, the readings have been consistent. They're consistently .5 dkh higher than what they should be, but they're consistent. I haven't switched the tubing yet because I want to let this play out. I can deal with a consistent .5 dkh increase (by using the % modifier in the khd settings.) I still have the air gaps, but I believe the 100 ML sample size helps negate them a bit. Just a theory.

mrramsey

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the bubble issue that I have been reading about would seem to be more of a “poor” fit of the stock tubing to the barb fitting. The wall thickness would have less to do with it. The ID of the tubing vs the OD of the fitting would likely be the issue. One of the parts could be marginally off. The “thicker” walled tube is probably a smaller diameter coupled with the flexibility to stretch easily to create a tighter seal. The easiest way to prove that is to take the stock tube and fitting and subject it to a low pressure test of say 5psi. Let it sit for 24 hours and see if the 5 psi is retained. Alternatively I suppose someone could simply prime the pump with clean RO water and let it sit. If bubbles form then that rules out the reagent being the issue.

Don’t own one yet so I can’t perform the tests. Unless the folks at GHL want to donate one [emoji16]

Buddah001

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed new thicker silicone tubing. 3mm is x 6mm od and i still am having the bubble issue.

I even bought 5mm id x 8mm od for my 3 part and changed out the KH and there are bubbles forming in this line from my dosing container to doser to tank. I can see the bubbles forming in the line.

I think I am going to look for some chemical resistant tubing because this is driving me nuts.

I dont think silicone tubing is the right thing to use

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back