KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting some bubbles.
IMG_20180323_180253.jpg

I'll be giving the reagent a sous vide bath @30c tonight and should have some ptfe 2mm tubing on Sunday. I think that encompasses all of the suggestions from GHL at this point

Dawsokj1988

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting some bubbles.
View attachment 705933

I'll be giving the reagent a sous vide bath @30c tonight and should have some ptfe 2mm tubing on Sunday. I think that encompasses all of the suggestions from GHL at this point
Those are relatively small compared to what I've been getting. Mine are more like 'air gaps' in the tubes. Where'd you order your tubing from? What's the outside diameter of it?

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just scene this on the GHL forum, I’ll give it a try, It’s a pity we have to keep digging around to find solutions to a problem with little help from the manufacturer!!!
View attachment 705470

I don’t think looking on a manufactures forum is a pity in any way. One should always post on a companies website. With questions that way the company can work with the users to determine the answer to their problem. I don’t think of reading a manufactures forum as digging around.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mortie31

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think looking on a manufactures forum is a pity in any way. One should always post on a companies website. With questions that way the company can work with the users to determine the answer to their problem. I don’t think of reading a manufactures forum as digging around.
I was meaning we shouldn’t have to be looking for solutions at all... Im really glad all the owners of KHD’s are posting possible solutions to this issue, I’m frustrated by the lack of communication from GHL

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was meaning we shouldn’t have to be looking for solutions at all... Im really glad all the owners of KHD’s are posting possible solutions to this issue, I’m frustrated by the lack of communication from GHL

Mortie -

We have presence on R2R, RC, FB, our Forum, Email, and Phone.

We cannot post every possible avenue on every medium, all the time. We have stated before that our forum is the official support section, while we are investigating this reported issue, which is not occurring for everyone, and isn’t an instantaneous ‘push a button and receive feedback’ type issue, we are working through this on our forum, with affected users. If you would like to chime in on the forum regarding this issue, please do so.

I’m sure once we have a solid and proven solution, that works for every case, we will update the other mediums of information sharing.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mortie -

We have presence on R2R, RC, FB, our Forum, Email, and Phone.

We cannot post every possible avenue on every medium, all the time. We have stated before that our forum is the official support section, while we are investigating this reported issue, which is not occurring for everyone, and isn’t an instantaneous ‘push a button and receive feedback’ type issue, we are working through this on our forum, with affected users. If you would like to chime in on the forum regarding this issue, please do so.

I read your GHL forum everyday, and I do post and I quite often repost on here, like I did yesterday with the possible perfusion suggestion, I’m not the enemy in this Marco, I’m a loyal customer trying to get a solution.

scuzy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a few days i notice a large air bubble in my reagent tube between doser and director. After ignoring it i notice my readings are more spot on to my hanns checker than if fiddle with ejecting the bubble. I'll let it run a few more days with the bubble and if reading is fine I'll chalk it up as it's not interfering with my results.

tastyfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco & GHL Team,

I'm thinking about which way to go on my next (large) tank and wanted to understand a little more on the roadmap for the KH Director.

Are you planning to be able to measure and control Mg & Ca in addition to Alkalinity and if so, what timescale are you working to? (no commitment, just your intent).

Many thanks

Rob

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a few days i notice a large air bubble in my reagent tube between doser and director. After ignoring it i notice my readings are more spot on to my hanns checker than if fiddle with ejecting the bubble. I'll let it run a few more days with the bubble and if reading is fine I'll chalk it up as it's not interfering with my results.

This is how I have approached the air bubble situation. I have seen a large one, where the doser tubing connects to the other tubing to go up to the kh director. This bubble hasn't seemed to make inaccurate results now that I leave it alone, it doesn't move. I just switched out my tubing with a thicker walled silicone, to see how well that performs. I will update on that when I can. I'm currently having another issue that won't allow me to take measurements, but isn't related.

reef fish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know the dimensions of the Kh directer,doser 2.1 and the maxi doser am trying to see it they fit stacked in my system on top of my p4 so it’s should be from top to bottom
p4,maxi,kh directer doser 2.1

Need lxWxH Please

Dawsokj1988

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched my tubing out over the weekend. I'm using this now...
https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Tub...coding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_yo_pop_d_pd_t2

The wall is much thicker, which you need to account for in the water sample input length/volume. The new hose fits very well and I'm hoping it will prevent any bubbles from forming (although I haven't had a big issue yet with the small bubbles). I will update here after a week or so to see how this tubing performs. Here's a picture comparing the tubing...

20180325_103416-1024x1820.jpg

dragon99

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff came in and it's not stretchy at all lol. I don't think it'll work.
Yeah, it's quite stiff. I managed to get it onto the intake side of the doser, but I didn't try to get it onto the KH side, I doubt it would fit onto the port on the KH Director. Thick-walled silicone shown above by @WWIII would be a better choice.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched my tubing out over the weekend. I'm using this now...
https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Tub...coding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_yo_pop_d_pd_t2

The wall is much thicker, which you need to account for in the water sample input length/volume. The new hose fits very well and I'm hoping it will prevent any bubbles from forming (although I haven't had a big issue yet with the small bubbles). I will update here after a week or so to see how this tubing performs. Here's a picture comparing the tubing...

View attachment 708012
Yeah I’ve just changed my reagent tube out for thicker walled as well, fingers crossed this works

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to just change out the reagent hose, but the thicker wall of the "new" silicone hose reduced my volume for the water sample line to pull and backflush considerably, which I like. I'm pulling from around 8 feet away, the thicker walled 1/8" id hose reduced volume from 33ml to 21ml. It did not effect the doser output however, as I recalibrated several times afterward and the ml per minute for each head remained the same.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Join the movement!
Back