KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dumaurier7

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read all the posts and refrained from commenting since I did not preorder but now I just can’t remain silent anymore. After preordering my P4 and purchasing other GHL stuff I have come to understand and expect that there would be glitches and issues in ANY new product launch. Wining and complaining about this fact doesn’t change things neither does EXPECTING that someone MUST communicate with you every step of the way because you spent some money. Tolerance and Patience is what works here, GHL is committed to providing good service and GREAT products to their customers who should stop acting like some spoilt 10 year olds who didn’t get a present on Christmas morning .

Tristren

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think we might have run this one into the ground.

So as a momentary diversion I provide this video that has been playing in our house, a lot, this Christmas season. The little ones have skipped over The Grinch, I didn't see the Peanuts Christmas Special this year, but this has been on... a lot.

To each their own.

I hope that whenever you get to whichever point in this thread, or any others, that hits your last nerve, you can think of this song, and the important lesson it teaches us all.

For proper effect you need to play it a few dozen times over a few days....

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,
I appreciate both sides of the argument, there is validity to both. Neither side is plain out wrong, but we also have to remember to remain civil, respectful towards another and be accepting of others opinions.
We are all incredibly enthusiastic about our Reefs, we all work hard, as such we do want to play hard. These are exciting times!

We will learn and improve, and hopefully regain everyone's support and trust.

It's the holidays, let's enjoy the next few days and New Years. We are back in the office processing the backlog, making sure everyone receives their goods as soon as humanly possible. We'll have an update to the KHD soon.. I promise it's the utmost priority for all involved.

</soap-box-off>

chriso316

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few questions;

Can you use the ProfiLux maxi doser to control flow through a calcium reactor via the kh director? If so, what would you need to achieve this.

Is the ProfiLux mini compatible with the kh director? Particularly if used in calcium reactor mode.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure exactly on your first question, although it's been discussed quite a bit.

The kh director is connected to profilux or stand alone doser via PAB, I don't think the mini has PAB connection, so probably not compatible. But it can be used with stand alone doser, with no profilux at all.

CoralCache

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you shut your co2 solenoid valve off if your alk gets too high it would control it. I haven't seen the options yet since I don't have the director yet but I can't imagine it not doing this.

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII - I just received mine yesterday heavy units it they do have a pab connection also.

I am actually going to try it through my life reef calcium reactor as right now I use a rio pump I will let everyone know the results once I get it up and running.

bkelley02

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII - I just received mine yesterday heavy units it they do have a pab connection also.

I am actually going to try it through my life reef calcium reactor as right now I use a rio pump I will let everyone know the results once I get it up and running.
The PAB connector is a real short one, right? I'm hoping to get mine next week and ordered some extra PABs as I bought my unit with a slave doser and not stand alone.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Profilux mini has PAB?

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to get my kh director! Haven't ordered the maxi doser yet, but it's on the list!

I'm very interested to see if we can monitor more than one tank with th kh director eventually. They would have to build it into the software side, but would be awesome if this is possible! A leg up on the units that are trying to put the whole deal in one box, since the kh director can be fed with seperate doser. Maybe down the line...

bkelley02

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I would say short but a good picture of the back of the unit is here:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-doser/ghl-doser-maxi/#1496852809892-175b168f-7c53

Not sure why they could been both slaves since I have the P4.

One is going to control my calcium reactor and the other is going to take over ATO and empty my skimmer bucket.
Thanks. I don't have the P4 yet as I'm still running an Apex I had but will be tying it into a stand alone doser I am currently running. Figured I didn't need another stand alone since I could run it off the one I have.

Can't wait for mine to arrive. My Maxi Doser arrived Tuesday.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back