Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is the man! Glad to see you made it over here jimmy. One of these days I'm gonna have to check out one of your office tanks, I drive past the one on rancho everyday. Really looking forward to seeing this beast set up.

Top Shelf Aquatics

JimmyC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on by Rancho. I am here most days .You will get to meet the beast aka the biggest Harlequin Tusk I have seen. I also have Gregs ols Vlamingi in that tank. The Solana in my office is still a work in process though.

OP
OP
five O

five O

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today we did a little running around and picked up some odds and ends. Plus we got the future fish room cleaned out today. The house has an atrium which is attached to the room which will house the display tank. Its pretty nice, the atrium has a roof and is protected from the elements. It also has a water spout for the house and a drain. This fish room will contain the skimmer, chiller & pumps. The sumps will still be housed under the tank to aid in temp control.
fishroom.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
five O

five O

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll go ahead and give a break down of the money spent so far on this project. This is one area that most people never speak about.
1-Used fish tank, sump and stand $1500
2-powdercoating/sandblasting on the stand $440
3-Reeflo Hammerhead Gold $450
4-alum/light dif for the light rack $200
5-Bulkheads $45
6-Apex (still awaiting for delivery) $495
7-Used Reeflo Orca 250 $500 plus shipping
8-UsedKorilla 4002 Cal reactor & reg $350

Boy it sure add's up quick, and the tank is still aways from running. At least most of the big stuff is purchased. Thank goodness the lights/rock/live stock will be transfer over from the other tank

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there he is what up jimmy!!!!!! carefull over here man you can't buy everything that goes for sale like the local site it will break you in 2 days haha!!!!!!! lmk when your ready for some rock i got a couple hundred pounds im gonna let go in my current display...:xd:

JimmyC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tank Greg. Lee I will hit you up if I need more. I agree brother this sight can definately eat me alive money wise. I will be doing chalices and acros in the new tank. Also keep all my lps. All sorties that are not rics or zoas will probably not last long. Also getting rid of hippo tangs etc as they already eat my lps. That ric rock I got from you (Lee) is still doing great :)

OP
OP
five O

five O

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the BRS order arrived. Brand new RO/DI system with all the bells and whistles. It has the oil filled pressure gauge, dual TDS meter & multi stage DI canisters. We figured since Jimmy will be making a ton of water, might as well start off the right way. The new 46.5" VHO UV Super Actinic bulbs that we needed to finish off the light rack also arrived along with numerous GFO/Carbon reactors and all the odd and ends.

The Apex arrived the other day and is looking sexy. Tho it was a little camera shy. I will try to get a few pictures posted in the next day or two. This tank is getting close to set up. All the big items have been purchased and are in storage. Now we just need to get the tank moved into the house, slap a fresh polish job on it & buy some fresh sand. Jimmy is a little back an forth about the rock he has in the other tank. The existing 400 gallon tank has some nice rock and has a lot of coral already attached, but it has aptaisa and majano's. We're looking at Macro rocks and seeding it with some live rock and starting off the new tank with out any of the head aches of the exsisting rock/tank, but this will be a pretty large investment since a few hundered pounds would be needed. But I've seen some othe coolest aqua-scaping done using Macro, Decisions-Decisions.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm following on this unreal build. thanks for sharing this with us guys and thanks for putting up the "coin" spent. gives a good idea on how much things might cost when upgrading to a beast the size of yours!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah there slackers!!!!! Gotta go over there and kick them into high gear!!! Give five o a pep talk haha...... Prolly leave in cuffs....:cry: just playin man... Yeah what's up this should be stocked already man!!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back