Innovative Marine Screen Top

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost a few small fish finding their way out of the IM screen top.
It's slightly larger than 1/4" on one dimension, large enough for escape artists.
Today I installed a new 1/4" square mesh into the top.
Of course, I expected to find a spline holding the screen, WRONG! OEM, which stand for original manufacturing Equipment. Many places do this, so you are stuck buying from them. Hey, it's only a screen, let's just do it!
I did get it done, and it looks good but there are some things I would do different the next time.
Thy screen is held in a square channel by a plastic piece with an odd shape to hold it in. Sort of a flare on the sides & it does not come out without sometimes fraying on those ends. I had to slide one side in & try to hammer the other side on with a rubber handled screwdriver while keeping the new mesh straight. A tedious job & I don't know f it would survive another time. Next time --- There is a slot in each piece .007 wide. The mesh is thin, not like the screens from BRS & others. I would use these slots with a spline, making for a much easier time. Pictures attached showing the square hold down & the finished lob. the mesh I got on Amazon.
Amazon product P1120002.JPG P1120003.JPG

Dread Pirate Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me. I've been wanting to do something like this for my biocube and then add a better light above the tank. Do they make 3/16 inch mesh? I agree, there are escape artists in some of our tanks. lol

OP
OP
S

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine they do.
The problem is finding it.
Perhaps someone here knows a thing or two.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back