IM 100 EXT with control board build

TeeSquared1214

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have the return set to 70% to minimize the humming sound of the return pump while maintaining a completely silent flow thru the filter roller.
So happy with the way things turned out.
I've been wondering, but haven't fiddled with it enough at what percent the humming would stop. Went down to 80% and that seemed to do the trick. What did you end up replacing your flow nozzle with? Looks like an AI Orbit Cross-Flow?

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering, but haven't fiddled with it enough at what percent the humming would stop. Went down to 80% and that seemed to do the trick. What did you end up replacing your flow nozzle with? Looks like an AI Orbit Cross-Flow?
I would say around the 80% the humming from the octo varios 8 becomes minimal. At 70% totally silent, even sticking my head in the stand I don't hear it.

As for output nozzles, standard factory issue from Innovative marine. And for wavemakers I am using the Ecotech MP40 just to keep the wires out of the tank.

Summitwynds2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the VarioS 8? I just bought one, but having second thoughts. Thinking it might be overkill and that I should have gotten a VarioS 4. My tank is the IM 112INT with one 3/4" return. The VarioS has a 1" output or 3/4" barb output. I'll have to step the 8 down from a 1 1/4 to 3/4. I haven't gotten it wet yet, so I could exchange it.

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the VarioS 8? I just bought one, but having second thoughts. Thinking it might be overkill and that I should have gotten a VarioS 4. My tank is the IM 112INT with one 3/4" return. The VarioS has a 1" output or 3/4" barb output. I'll have to step the 8 down from a 1 1/4 to 3/4. I haven't gotten it wet yet, so I could exchange it.
Hi, I like the varios8 a lot. In fact finally settled on running the pump at 45%. I can go higher and the overflow will still be silent. The reason for keeping the pump no more than 45% is because I’m using a 6 inch roller fleece filter and want to be able to use one roll for 2 months.
Another thing is noise, at 45% the varios8 is absolutely silent even with cabinet doors wide open, not even a hint of vibration or hum.
The other option that I considered was running 2 varios4 pumps ie one pump for each return pipe

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also plan for an adjustable manifold in the return pipes for attaching a UV unit. Wish I added one before running the tank. Even better if Innovative marine included a manifold ready made.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back