OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank with the sump as a package back in February. Received mid March. Didn’t take any unboxing pictures except for this one single picture. Nice neat silicone seams.

Attachments

• IMG_7414.jpeg
    IMG_7414.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 76

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank with the sump as a package back in February. Received mid March. Didn’t take any unboxing pictures except for this one single picture. Nice neat silicone seams.
have fun. I like the IM tank. The pump is really quiet. I had a few issues with the helio heater but seems it was the unit and they replaced.

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank placed on top of the stand. Had two guys from LFS help lift and put the tank on the stand. Aquarium is next to a closet that has an HVAC blower/exchanger. Plan is to use the AC waste water pipe as a drain for water change. Also there’s a water pipe in the closet for the central air humidifier. Hooked up that water line to my 6 stage RODI.
Lights are 2 XR30 radion blues. Still debating if I should have gone with the pro version instead. Lights are a little too blue for me.

IMG_7821.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have fun. I like the IM tank. The pump is really quiet. I had a few issues with the helio heater but seems it was the unit and they replaced.
I went with two BRS 300W titanium heater with the INKBIRD controller. Got it as a discounted bundle. Two heater elements for redundancy. I’ll also put a 3rd one with preset temperature to 76F and control that via apex. Only switches on if there’s a problem with the INKBIRD controller and I am not around to fix the issue immediately.

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The might jet pump is quiet at 70% power but starts to have a faint hum at 100% setting. I just got a open box varios 8 pump on Memorial Day sale and plan to have it hooked up to the apex as well.

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is placed at exactly 6 inches off the wall. Just enough space to attach plumbing and remove it if ever there’s a need to.

Attachments

• IMG_7830.jpeg
    IMG_7830.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RFS 39 sump moved in place. I placed wood and hard cardboard shims under the 5 support bars that sump sits on. Also added wood strips about 1.5 inch thick at either end of the stand to act as supports for the opposite ends on the sump.

I filled the tank up and ran a leak test for 2 weeks. Turns out there’s a slow leak on the main drain pipe, the one with the gate valve. A drop of water ever 5 mins. Reached out to warranty dept. and talked to Brian. Sent a video of the leak and got an email saying a replacement part will be sent out.
By the way, very happy with how quiet the overflow is. Running at 100% pump setting, ball valves on return lines wide open, absolutely silent overflow. Even after 2 weeks with no water top up and that slow leak, drain and overflow completely silent. I didn’t touch the gate valve during this period.

IMG_7822.jpeg IMG_7811.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Fiji cube AFR gen1.5. It fits perfectly in the RFS 39 filter sock/cup area. Just need to adjust the height of the roller fleece filter unit. A little DIY but no need to cut or alter the RFS39 sump. Hoping it all works out ok.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
placed UV unit on the ground behind the stand
Always like seeing how other people set their stuff up. Didnt get a uv for mine. One thing I’m on the look out for is a drip tray. Like maybe a long restaurant bar tap dril tray to place behind my tank under the pipes. Thinking if I ever have a leak it will collect a focused area to a faster alarm alert for my sensor. Right now I just have it laying on the floor so needs to be a larger puddle.

DustinDec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you plumbing in your UV to the overflow coming down into the sump, or just going to run it with a pump to and from the sump? I have a Red Sea S 550, and do not want to mess with the pre-plumbing or risk issues with the warranty. Thinking I'll eventually add a UV like and just run it with a pump in/from the sump.

Also, is your tank blocking your door?

Good catch on the leak! Following along.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you plumbing in your UV to the overflow coming down into the sump, or just going to run it with a pump to and from the sump? I have a Red Sea S 550, and do not want to mess with the pre-plumbing or risk issues with the warranty. Thinking I'll eventually had a UV like and just run it with a pump in/from the sump.

Also, is your tank blocking your door?

Good catch on the leak! Following along.
No issue with the door, I need to be able to open the door because that’s where my rodi/salt water station and waste water drain line is.

My rodi is a bit weird. I plumbed an old 4 stage aquatic life ro buddy as the 1st stage but skip the RO membrane and the pass the water to my 6 stage BRS. Have to regulate the supply pipe as I have 85 to 90 psi water pressure.

IMG_7849.jpeg IMG_7846.jpeg

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making some rodi to rinse out some old dried out mixed pukani/marshall island reef rocks

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpeg
    IMG_7851.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 48

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back