If you could start over with your tank, would you?

Assume money and time are not a factor: If you could start over with your tank, would you?

• Yes. I would love a fresh start.

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • Maybe. At times I wish I could start fresh, while other times I'm happy where I'm at.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • No. I'm happy with where I'm at in my reefing journey.

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure I’d want to really start over, but I’d do a few things differently:

I’d never have added GSP. Unless I pull a bunch of rock, move a bunch of coral and redo my aquascape - I feel I’m kinda stuck with it. Not redoing my aquascape, so I try to manage GSP spread.

I would not have added a Whitetail Bristletooth Tang. Love how mine looks, but he’s a complete jerk and has harassed my Solar Wrasse enough so that he’s changed from a cool, curious and active fish to one that’s skittish and hides a lot. To remove the Tang, I’d likely need to pull rock and redo aquascape - as mentioned above, not up for that.

Lastly, I wouldn’t have added my 2 Banggai Cardinals. I got them as they reminded me of freshwater angel fish from when I was a kid. Now, I feel they are kinda boring, not very active and not as colorful as so many other saltwater fish. Would rather have another Wrasse or 2.

That said, I’m not unhappy with my tank. If I were, I’d make the changes above. I just merely listed what I’d do differently.

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life can be full of decisions we wish we could change or outcomes we wish we could control. And our reefs are no different. Maybe we jumped into something a little too quickly, not realizing the negative implications down the road. Maybe we are a little too lax or get lazy about maintaining our tanks. No one is perfect, and we all make mistakes.

Assuming money was not a hindrance, personal time was unlimited, and you could utilize all the knowledge you've accumulated...If you could start over, would you? Why or why not?

start again fox broadcasting GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen
I would start with a bigger tank

AlanS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life can be full of decisions we wish we could change or outcomes we wish we could control. And our reefs are no different. Maybe we jumped into something a little too quickly, not realizing the negative implications down the road. Maybe we are a little too lax or get lazy about maintaining our tanks. No one is perfect, and we all make mistakes.

Assuming money was not a hindrance, personal time was unlimited, and you could utilize all the knowledge you've accumulated...If you could start over, would you? Why or why not?

start again fox broadcasting GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen
Definitley. I would use far less rock and aquascape to allow more water flow.

Rach77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I do love the setup I have now......if money were of no concern, I would definitely repurpose the living room with 8ftx8ftx8ft, or find a way to convert the inground pool (as I'm in Florida) to a reef....why? So I can snorkel in my tanks :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back