Idea for the daily survey -- Carpet surfing!

TunaC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO.......

I have some wrasse. I was doing to maintenance the other day and everyone got a little worked up in the tank. I had just put my lid back on the tank and my Exquisite fairy jumped out the opening (~2 in round) for my auto feeder. He promptly flopped across the top of the lid and landed behind the stand. My tank is in a corner and suffice to say it took me A WHILE to get that little guy back in the tank. Arms wouldn't reach, made a mess in my sump trying to get around equipment, finally pushed him with a long stick and then scooped him with another tool. You can imagine, full panic scene. Obviously I didn't start a timer when he jumped, I just went into rescue mode, but I'd bet it was a full minute of me screwing around before he was back in water. I assumed he'd die and turn into CUC food. Of course he's totally fine, eating and carrying on like nothing happened.

So what's your longest SUCCESSFUL carpet surfing time?

Come on. I know I'm not the only one screwing up like this out there. At least I have a lid... Let's hear some stories!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a goby and a firefish attempt to carpet surf, but their plans have been thwarted thanks to a lid on my tank

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO.......

I have some wrasse. I was doing to maintenance the other day and everyone got a little worked up in the tank. I had just put my lid back on the tank and my Exquisite fairy jumped out the opening (~2 in round) for my auto feeder. He promptly flopped across the top of the lid and landed behind the stand. My tank is in a corner and suffice to say it took me A WHILE to get that little guy back in the tank. Arms wouldn't reach, made a mess in my sump trying to get around equipment, finally pushed him with a long stick and then scooped him with another tool. You can imagine, full panic scene. Obviously I didn't start a timer when he jumped, I just went into rescue mode, but I'd bet it was a full minute of me screwing around before he was back in water. I assumed he'd die and turn into CUC food. Of course he's totally fine, eating and carrying on like nothing happened.

So what's your longest SUCCESSFUL carpet surfing time?

Come on. I know I'm not the only one screwing up like this out there. At least I have a lid... Let's hear some stories!
One fish that jumped out of one of my tanks didn’t make it unfortunately, it turned in to a crispy chip, and I was horrified at the sight of my dog eating it. But there was a lawnmower blenny I was acclimating to a tank, and he flew out of the acclimation tub and onto a rug….lucky for him, I was standing right there and I scooped him up and dropped him into the tank…then promptly secured a tight fitting lid.

JayM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many, many moons ago I had a snowflake eel that decided to take a trip outside the tank sometime during the wee hours of the morning. I discovered it after being awoken by my 6 year old daughter screaming "kill it !!!" after she walked into the living room around sunrise and stepped on it. He'd ben there long enough to be stuck to the carpet. Long story short, I plopped him back in the tank and within hours was acting as if nothing ever happened.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only carpet surfer I had was fresh water. It was a small arrowana and it wasn't succesful because it flopped onto a mouse trap that I kept behind the stand to keep the cat from playing with the wires back there. I maybe the only person to catch a fish in a mouse trap :thinking-face:

OP
OP
TunaC

TunaC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“I maybe the only person to catch a fish in a mouse trap”

BAWHHAHAHAHHAHAAA

This is the content I come here for.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back