ID Help Little segmented worms reef tank

spockagain34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are hard to get a photo or video of, they’re tiny (currently, at least). Just spotted them in the last couple of weeks, never seen anything like this before and haven’t had much luck with old Google on this one. I’m uploading the best video I’ve managed to get, the worm is blurry, but you can at least tell it’s a living thing. They’re light in color mostly, they’re segmented, and seem to have a brighter dot kind of mark near their heads. But that’s about as much as I can tell.

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are hard to get a photo or video of, they’re tiny (currently, at least). Just spotted them in the last couple of weeks, never seen anything like this before and haven’t had much luck with old Google on this one. I’m uploading the best video I’ve managed to get, the worm is blurry, but you can at least tell it’s a living thing. They’re light in color mostly, they’re segmented, and seem to have a brighter dot kind of mark near their heads. But that’s about as much as I can tell.
Can't say for sure from the video, but I'd guess a Dorvilleid worm, which would be harmless/beneficial. Can you tell how many tentacles it has on its head?

OP
OP
S

spockagain34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say for sure from the video, but I'd guess a Dorvilleid worm, which would be harmless/beneficial. Can you tell how many tentacles it has on its head?
Thanks! After having a good guess to go from, looking up Dorvilleid worms this is for sure what these are. Thanks again!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back