ich, velvet, or brooky? help pls

thefez510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys my smaller clown has had this white spot on him since friday im not sure if its ich or velvet or even brooklynellaa i need advice pls what it is and whats the best medication for him thank you im advance

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
hi guys my smaller clown has had this white spot on him since friday im not sure if its ich or velvet or even brooklynellaa i need advice pls what it is and whats the best medication for him thank you im advance

Video began out of focus and somewhat hard to see but far from mucus cone but likely secondary bacterial lesion often associated with brooklynella although the other clowns dont show signs. As a precautionary measure and to address the one clown, they should respond well to Ruby Rally Pro which is reef safe. It often begins with a layer of mucus and generally starts at the facial area as well as gills and spreads across the body producing lesions as it progresses often confused with ich and can turn into secondary bacteria.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The clown in the back of the video has marine ich, Cryptocaryon irritans, I could see the spots for a split instant as it turned in the light. The other clown has mucus on its fins that could be a result of the ich parasite, or it could be Brooklynella. I suspect it is just ich though.

You two treatment options both require the fish being in a tank with no invertebrates in it. You can either treat all fish with coppersafe or with hyposalinity:

Jay

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back