+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Now that’s how the kiddos should act and show interest. Your super lucky, my nephews used my sump to urinate in.
I finally caught on after catching them both Red handed lol. They now know when they are with me they have to use the bathrooms upstairs lol. Nice tank and stand was the stand and canopy custom made)

Last week I caught my nephew trying to put an unwanted half eaten chicken nugget in the sump. Lol

Nutramar Foods

Guttersnipe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this.

I used to use my little girl to clean the sump but she doesn’t fit anymore. :p

Mine is about the same age now, she loves feeding the fishies and playing with “pipes”.
31d50a5f41942aba513d1bd9a8c10968.jpg

So cute!

OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE THE RUSTIC LOOK OF ENTIRE AREA !! HOW REWARDING TO HAVE MORE THAN JUST YOU ENJOYING THE TANK, AND TO THINK- THIS IS A FUTURE REEF AQUARIST IN THE MAKING !!

Thank you very much, it was a lot of work that I never want to do again haha!!! When that day comes and he wants his own tank I’m all for it... that way I’ll secretly get my anemone tank [emoji48][emoji48]

Top Shelf Aquatics

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your youngin may end up like one of mine, so be careful lol.

He has his own 90 mixed reef and his own frag tank that pays for all of his supplies for the 90. He still plays the video games and does sports, but finds time for his tanks lol.

Either way, it is awesome when kids get into it. Their eyes light up and they actually want to learn something about the tank, fish or corals.

OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your youngin may end up like one of mine, so be careful lol.

He has his own 90 mixed reef and his own frag tank that pays for all of his supplies for the 90. He still plays the video games and does sports, but finds time for his tanks lol.

Either way, it is awesome when kids get into it. Their eyes light up and they actually want to learn something about the tank, fish or corals.

That’s a hard worker with drive right there. God job raising him! Kids do not end up that way anymore.... heck even people older have no drive. It’s sad

AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome post.
I’ve got a 2yr old daughter and she loves helping with our tank... holding the hose during a water change, taking the lid off and replacing it when I fill the ato, or just sitting with me and enjoying it.

My little guy always grabs buckets and I get the “daddy what’s next” lol. Or he takes them, flips them over and stands on them to look at the frag tank.

BRS

NickC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great! My two year old has really been enjoying the tank with me as well. He was actually the main motivator to get back into the hobby after he took such an interest to a mixed reef at a sushi restaurant. It’s so awesome when he climbs on my lap and wants to check the tank out with me.

Don’t have a pic of him with the display, but here he is scoping the quarantine tank
17953ED4-1BF2-4985-8440-7690B1A89D0D.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great! My two year old has really been enjoying the tank with me as well. He was actually the main motivator to get back into the hobby after he took such an interest to a mixed reef at a sushi restaurant. It’s so awesome when he climbs on my lap and wants to check the tank out with me.

Don’t have a pic of him with the display, but here he is scoping the quarantine tank
View attachment 993654

Little did he know you were eating those fish in your sushi ;);)

Thats a perfect tank for him to watch. He has it up close. It’s cute watching them enjoy it like we do. I just wonder what’s going through their head.

Yesterday I moved a coral, it had this serpent star on it the size of a half dollar bill. I put it in my hand and showed him. He just looked at it all weird as I was describing it. I put it in the tank and he watched it till it flipped itself over and went into hiding. Later that day grandma stopped by and he described the whole thing lol.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Battlecorals
Back