Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every morning I feed the fish and he asks “Daddy what’s next on the list?” Lol. Today I go and get the cup I mix food in out, he gets the food out of the freezer while I’m in the garage checking on my sump. Come back to him sitting there watching the fish eat a sheet of nori I put in earlier.

It’s pretty awesome to see him enjoy the tank. I wish you guys could hear him tell you what the fish are. If you asked his favorite is the copperband [emoji23]

Anyways, wanted to share. Hope everyone has a god day!

a48fb7dffeed569e3b706cc645ff4116.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't a greater feeling than when your children take interest in your hobby :)
My littlest one loves the tank, anytime i'm doing maintenance she's right there watching and wants to help out.

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That make the heart smile. My kids love to name the fish and ask questions about them and the coral. Now if I could get them to clean the tank and feed I’d have a hands free tank well my hands free hahahahaha. But seriously that is so cool.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank, dining room, family

Thank you [emoji4]. Should have seen it before I bought it. Redid the whole place with my dad and brother. Moving / upgrading the tank was the biggest headache.

justmee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if I could get them to clean the tank and feed I’d have a hands free tank well my hands free hahahahaha. But seriously that is so cool.

That's a great idea, have more kids to automate your tank... :D

OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't a greater feeling than when your children take interest in your hobby :)
My littlest one loves the tank, anytime i'm doing maintenance she's right there watching and wants to help out.

That’s really the truth, he wants to do everything I’m doing. Filling my ato container, doing water changes, you name it. He just wants to hold the hose or turn something on.

OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s so enjoyable watching them try to help. Makes things take much longer, but I figure it’s a investment... he’s going to be doing this for his chores down the road right ? ;);) haha!!

He cleans the glass on my frag tank... well he tries. It’s a small magnet so it’s easy for him. The display will take some years. The wife can’t even move that magnet lol!!

Homelander

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so enjoyable watching them try to help. Makes things take much longer, but I figure it’s a investment... he’s going to be doing this for his chores down the road right ? ;);) haha!!

He cleans the glass on my frag tank... well he tries. It’s a small magnet so it’s easy for him. The display will take some years. The wife can’t even move that magnet lol!!
Mine likes to play this little game where I stand one one side of the tank and look through, and she peeks her head from above the rockwork on the otherside of the tank looking through back at me, and then we lean to the front and yell "PEEK!"
She goes absolutely nuts

Avast
OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine likes to play this little game where I stand one one side of the tank and look through, and she peeks her head from above the rockwork on the otherside of the tank looking through back at me, and then we lean to the front and yell "PEEK!"
She goes absolutely nuts

That’s adorable! He told me that tomorrow we are getting new fish. I had one in my frag tank jump out the other day. It was interesting watching his reacting. “Awww, he’s not living anymore.. that’s sad dad.”

Breadman03

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the family interaction! My oldest three might glance at the tank once in a while, but my youngest is all about it. She stares at it inspecting corals for growth and to see the fish interacting. I recently got a little rotating 5-Hour Energy rack from work which is basically a 2-tier lazy Susan and told her that I got it to organize the stuff under my tank, then began cooking dinner. A few minutes later, I peeked out and see that she removed the 5-Hour labels from it and had cut paper to make labels for my test kits, funnels, and everything else. She organized everything and had it put away by the time dinner was ready.

Here's to hoping we can pass the passion for our oceans on to the next generation successfully!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
lolgranny

lolgranny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the family interaction! My oldest three might glance at the tank once in a while, but my youngest is all about it. She stares at it inspecting corals for growth and to see the fish interacting. I recently got a little rotating 5-Hour Energy rack from work which is basically a 2-tier lazy Susan and told her that I got it to organize the stuff under my tank, then began cooking dinner. A few minutes later, I peeked out and see that she removed the 5-Hour labels from it and had cut paper to make labels for my test kits, funnels, and everything else. She organized everything and had it put away by the time dinner was ready.

Here's to hoping we can pass the passion for our oceans on to the next generation successfully!

That is awesome :)

I can see the day where they want their own tank already.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the name and immediately thought oh no. Then read the post and it’s amazing. Love posts with pics or sharing personal moments . Makes me remember always look on the positive side and find joy

Awesome

Top Shelf Aquatics

Homelander

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s adorable! He told me that tomorrow we are getting new fish. I had one in my frag tank jump out the other day. It was interesting watching his reacting. “Awww, he’s not living anymore.. that’s sad dad.”
This is an older picture, but you get the idea :)
4dt2OkEh.jpg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That make the heart smile. My kids love to name the fish and ask questions about them and the coral..

Name the fish? I picked up a dozen hermits and a dozen snails, and they named them all!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back