Hurricane Helene checkup post

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many of you know, a hurricane will impact the southeastern part of America. I am making this post to check on everyone who will be affected by this hurricane. Please post how your tank is doing, what you are doing to be prepared, and who here might be affected by the storm. Stay safe, everyone!

BZOFIQ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm pretty sure everyone is scrambling to get ready instead of posting here. This is not looking great for folks in these areas.

I was in Florida in August during a tropic depression and there was some much flooding it was insane. Water changed from turquoise blue to kaka-brown. I was disappointed that I didn't get to snorkel even once but felt bad for the people that had to deal with all the damage so couldn't really complain.

Stay safe folks!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure everyone is scrambling to get ready instead of posting here. This is not looking great for folks in these areas.

I was in Florida in August during a tropic depression and there was some much flooding it was insane. Water changed from turquoise blue to kaka-brown. I was disappointed that I didn't get to snorkel even once but felt bad for the people that had to deal with all the damage so couldn't really complain.

Stay safe folks!
Yeah that was my mindset too! Crazy that the water went from blue to brown like that

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my batteries powered up. Isn’t too much else I can do for the tanks. I’m on call starting Sunday for hurricane relief work so… at least I won’t be bored, doom scrolling R2R if it is bad

DD Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully, everyone makes it through alright. I got an uncle in Florida who says it's gonna be very bad this time around for him.

LiverockRocks

Florida Live Rock Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope folks in the path and on the outer bands of Helene are safe.

Very important to be prepared for hurricanes. Moving vehicles to higher ground, having a generator, extra AC unit, extra pumps, extra saltwater and RODI water storage are coming in handy for us today.

Stay safe and keep Rock’N your reef tanks!

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so saddened to see all the damage and loss from this storm. It's absolutely gut-wrenching. I hope all of our fellow community members who were affected by this storm are safe, as well as everyone else who was in its path. :crying-face:

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Western NC (Haywood County) and we got hammered by Helene. We had our 3rd 100 Year Storm in the last 8ish years now. Here are some pictures I captured while doing some aerial flights in our area:

Our local Fire Department under water
A Shot Above_Clyde_HELENE_(3).jpg

Downtown Canton 24hrs after the storm
A Shot Above_CantonNC_HELENE_(01).jpg

Canton Middle School and PHS Stadium
A Shot Above_CantonNC_HELENE_(6).jpg

stewy14

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Western NC (Haywood County) and we got hammered by Helene. We had our 3rd 100 Year Storm in the last 8ish years now. Here are some pictures I captured while doing some aerial flights in our area:

I am so so so sorry about that! hope that everybody recovers well!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow glad you are ok! Hoping the best for your community!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back