Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, reading through it again I saw it does not make sense what I just said, because in both cases Sachem claims it is 1ml. So I guess the solution has the exact same potency. The difference is probably the dropper in the new bottle is slightly tighter...?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, reading through it again I saw it does not make sense what I just said, because in both cases Sachem claims it is 1ml. So I guess the solution has the exact same potency. The difference is probably the dropper in the new bottle is slightly tighter...?

Back when I used Cupramine, I found you never really could trust the dosing instructions. It would turn out a little different every time. o_O So, I would dose slowly and test frequently ... In the test kit is where you want to put your trust (such that it is).

VJV

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have checked several times the dosing instructions in terms of drops with the test kit and I must say, to the extend I can read the Seachem bloody continuous gradation kit, that the 16 drops per 40L seems about right.

The only time that did not happen it turned out I had a bad batch of reagents and the kit was under evaluating the actual levels. After discussing with Seachem they sent me new reagents free of charge and with the new ones it tests spot on (again, to the extent I can read the bloody test. I wish Hanna would come out with a checker...[emoji849])

VJV

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say I was lucky I did not wipe out my fish by overdosing if I had trusted the kit. That is why currently I trust more the drops than the kit, even if I still test anyway (with the new reagents which I know are accurate... Or at least I think they are!)

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VJV Wish you could get chelated copper (Coppersafe, Copper Power) where you are. You have a lot more wiggle room when it comes to therapeutic levels with those. And I'm really starting to believe chelated copper is gentler on the fish than ionic.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Volpone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue here with recommended dose and the test , i dose 48 drops due to my qt volume 60 liters and i test ,the result showing away low reading almost 0.10+ .and when i test the reagent its made me confuse .either the Cupramine recommend dose not correct or the test not correct or the reagent .

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clear idea to the case i have ? Is it because the Cupramine or because im adding the drop slowly ? I did it with in 4 or 5 days .

Gonna tag @4FordFamily for this one, as he has a lot more recent experience using Cupramine than I do.

VJV

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clear idea to the case i have ? Is it because the Cupramine or because im adding the drop slowly ? I did it with in 4 or 5 days .
You should contact Seachem's. It seems to me like a bad reagent so I would not continue to dose to chase the color of the reference sample because you could significantly overdose and kill all fish.

Volpone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did already and send them email right now before my post here ,already i lost my blue star leopard wrasse even before i reach my recommended dose. Also i get advice from wrasse lovers thread to not qt wrasses with Cupramine .

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did already and send them email right now before my post here ,already i lost my blue star leopard wrasse even before i reach my recommended dose. Also i get advice from wrasse lovers thread to not qt wrasses with Cupramine .

Based upon anecdotal evidence, sensitive wrasses seem to do better (ironically) in chelated copper than ionic.

However, I personally feel tank transfer method is the best way to prophylactically QT them. I've also had good luck using Chloroquine phosphate to treat flasher/fairy wrasses only; other types of wrasses (exs. Sixline, Melanurus) do not seem to do well in CP. :confused:

Corals.com

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I honestly am not sure the answer. Cupramine is easily absorbed so if you have any live rock or sand in there it will absorb a great deal and it'll take a lot more than it says to reach proper dose.

I honestly am no longer a fan of cupramine. I've had fish at 2-3+X the recommend dose without any issues, even blue star leopard wrasses in fact I have successfully pulled 3 separate males through, two of them twice or more - I find cupramine ineffective.

I tested every other day sometimes every third with seachem's kit or sailifert. The rest were not easy to use or accurate with cupramine.

FireEMT

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be buying 3 tangs (yellow eyed cole, yellow tang, and purple tang), they are all around 2-3". I would like to do TTM like I've done in the past but I only have two 10g QT's. Will the 10g tanks be ok of 3 tangs and possible a orange diamond gobbie? I would have a separate piece of pipe for each but worry about the size. Any help would be appreciated. If I have to split them into the two tanks I would have to do copper which I like the idea of TTM better.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Volpone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly am not sure the answer. Cupramine is easily absorbed so if you have any live rock or sand in there it will absorb a great deal and it'll take a lot more than it says to reach proper dose.

I honestly am no longer a fan of cupramine. I've had fish at 2-3+X the recommend dose without any issues, even blue star leopard wrasses in fact I have successfully pulled 3 separate males through, two of them twice or more - I find cupramine ineffective.

I tested every other day sometimes every third with seachem's kit or sailifert. The rest were not easy to use or accurate with cupramine.
Unfortunately that what happen with my blue star leopard .
I dont have any rock to absorbed cupramine ,only sponge . I believe the reagent its false its showing very dark color .seachem support didnt reply me yet . I believe the drop and i follow it as recommended dose .

Volpone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I.believe the reagent its showing so dark color and way different for 0.5

1458641342216.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back