BRS

How often do you transport your tank, from location to location?

• Once every 2 -5 years

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Once every 1-2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2x a year

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • More than 2x a year

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every darned day!
Oh wait, it thought it said “how often are you moved by your tank?” Lol, just have to stop and admire the splendor sometimes!
Don’t remember if I answered before but I’ve moved mine one time in a lil over 2 years and that was just across the living room so all in all it was a simple process of unhooking things that weren’t inside my stand, draining the water to about 2 inches in the tank, gently tipping it up to stick furniture sliders underneath, moving it, and hooking everything back up. Took maybe 2.5-3 hours total.

DIYreefer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Never, sort of.

I moved to a new house about a year and a half ago and essentially stripped my tank down to a bare bones system. Basically, just enough to support my fish and a couple of corals. I rebuilt/stocked my system after the move.

I've found that this makes it MUCH easier to move, and far less stressful. I think we will be in this house for 10 years, maybe longer. So I don't foresee any tank moves anytime soon for me.

TinyReefObsession

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to move this little boy here.
I'm still thinking what is the best strategy.
It's not big, but not small as well. I would give near to 80 LB.
View attachment 3119314
- transport all together.
I fear that rocks will fall over and explode the bowl. Nah. Just by thinking now is already a no. I have literally zero room to mistakes. This glass is not forgiving.

- removing rocks to a bucket
I will end up having to tear some corals which are merging some rocks :crying-face: I don't mind for gsp but I have a favites there.

I thought about keeping inverts in. I don't have fish.

Draining a good amount of water to the bucket, make a pray and let's go.
Beautiful tank!!! Ugh Moving is so stressful! I’m a noob, but is there anything you can safely put in the tank, like as if you were wrapping and packing the rock to ship within fhe glass bowl, which would then stabilize the rock while protecting the bowl & inverts from movement? Like if it wasn't a tank we would use bubble wrap lol but something tank friendly? :)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquarium Specialty
Back