How many anemones

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10gal IM tank that I will like to make it a anemone/clownfish only. I have two small anemones in it: a rose bubble tip and a black widow. My noob question is, is there a max number of anemones I can have in a 10 gallon reef tank?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2074.jpeg

OP
OP
Nheko

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all your responses I will wait and see.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jekyl

If I may ask, how much time did it took it to grow to that size?
To be honest I can't remember how long it took. I'm not too good at recording things like that. I kept them for 6 or 7 years. I've never had any of the high end ones like black widows tho. This is the tank I kept them in. I didn't move them over when I changed tanks.

PXL_20240218_162952946~2.jpg

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jekyl
What a beautiful tank!

@OrionN
Thanks, I was feeding them once a week I will change that to twice a week.
I’m not claiming to be an expert but my experience with anemones has been that I never feed them directly but they do get fed when they capture the food I feed the many fish I have in the tank, same as LPS, no target feeding, just drift for all.

Once I started feeding the tank this way I had healthier nems and LPS with fish. The corals and nems thrive in the presence of fish “going” in the water and the nems and corals eating their waste excretion. Everyone in the tank thrived and nems grew and split in abandon.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back