Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for my family, they are always interested to see what is going on with the tank. They don't care about the chemicals and all the in depth aspects with it, but they are interested with what I plan on doing with it when it comes to stocking. I am wondering how do friends and family react to your tank? Do they mention one or two things about it and move on, or does it end up in an hour-long conversation talking about reef tanks?

BRS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ManWithAClam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when my uncle visited, he was very excited (he used to go diving when he was young) pointing at the turretfish i had, "you better watch out, these guys get big!" it's funny because i know he has seen these fish when he used to go diving, it made me happy that i could bring back some good memories.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t have a clue what is happening. They ask if anything is alive. I open the sump area and they become disoriented.

something that bothers me is that EVERY SINGLE person has asked solely and exclusively “ohhhh what’s that thing, it’s really cool”. It’s the freakin Christmas Favia

IMG_8781.jpeg

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my family know about this side of the hobby, especially my uncles, so when they come over and see the tank they get interested and can stay looking at it for a good while. Always asking what I have done until now to keep the system and things I could do further on. Though I do have some family that have no clue what the heck it is and get bamboozled when I speak and even more so when I tell them the things I have and end up being intrigued but clueless, very clueless not knowing things are even alive and saying things like: “oh that’s a cool rock, “is that a flower or plant”, or the very common “wait that’s alive!?”

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Those are alot of work aren’t they”

is usually what I get

or the expense question
I get the expense question a lot as well haha

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
something that bothers me is that EVERY SINGLE person has asked solely and exclusively “ohhhh what’s that thing, it’s really cool”. It’s the freakin Christmas Favia

View attachment 3150599
Don't feel bad. I have large tangs, CBB, flame angel, along with other very nice fish, coral and nems. Twice my mom has been over looking at stuff and she points to a fish and says "that's a cool fish, what is it?" I reply it's a dalmatian molly.

World Wide Corals

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the reef in the garage and don’t take visitors. When we set up the fish tank inside the house people mentioned how beautiful this or that fish was.
Our daughter came to visit yesterday and she said almost nothing. She top viewed the reef and the fish tank needed the glass wiped down so she kindly didn’t say anything about it.
I m too old to care really but I had hoped I would clean the glass before she leaves, I might just go do that now, thanks for the reminder.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically, visitors react to the fish more than anything.. “oh look Dory… and Nemo”. Then gravitate to the anemone. Similarly, most of my family comment on the anemone because “it moves”… They don’t quite share the same passion for sticks

Nutramar Foods

A Young reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have relatives over here, however when I occasionally get workers in the house I would some times find them staring and looking at the tank which makes me happy. However what annoys me for some reason is when no one pays attention to it.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back