Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew did my water change, now I remember why I hate doing them lol, so tiring with my waste water setup. I wanted to get my sandbed this water change since I’ve never done it on this tank. It was amazing how much dark stuff came up, terrifying actually lol. Lots of Medusa worms to.
View attachment 1149006

New zoa/paly devils armor
View attachment 1149007
Free frag wwc bob marley
View attachment 1149009

Wwc dragon slayer
View attachment 1149010

Vivid Rainbow Delight
View attachment 1149011

Wwc blue curaçao
View attachment 1149012

I also made some frags of my wwc OG grafted monti
View attachment 1149015
Beautiful, Acro Jedi-Master, I did WC yesterday, forgot to turn chiller back on, DT outside.
Tank got to 89, nothing died, close one. Keep it coming, comrade

Student will become the master, one day

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, Acro Jedi-Master, I did WC yesterday, forgot to turn chiller back on, DT outside.
Tank got to 89, nothing died, close one. Keep it coming, comrade
Wow that’s hot. That’s amazing nothing died, lol. Thank you for the compliments!

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
random question: what'd you hang your t5 hybrid fixture from? i'm pondering eventually going to a t5 hybrid, but i've never hung anything from a ceiling and idk... was it hard? i want me some fuller coverage, though

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
random question: what'd you hang your t5 hybrid fixture from? i'm pondering eventually going to a t5 hybrid, but i've never hung anything from a ceiling and idk... was it hard? i want me some fuller coverage, though
I got the tank mount they sell. My tank was full and I needed to drill it into the stand behind the tank. It was a very scary afternoon of inching the tank out half drained so my 6’2 stupid self could fit behind the tank crouching to drill it in. Once I had access it was super easy. Then inching it back, equally as not fun as inching it out. But everything was fine.
6CDC99FF-152C-4F43-9C6B-82E19F799944.jpeg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tank mount they sell. My tank was full and I needed to drill it into the stand behind the tank. It was a very scary afternoon of inching the tank out half drained so my 6’2 stupid self could fit behind the tank crouching to drill it in. Once I had access it was super easy. Then inching it back, equally as not fun as inching it out. But everything was fine.
View attachment 1149047

dang! didn't notice the arms lol. i definitely don't want the arms, but i'm super hesitant to hang it from the ceiling.. idk maybe i'll just leave it be, but my coverage isn't what i was hoping......

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang! didn't notice the arms lol. i definitely don't want the arms, but i'm super hesitant to hang it from the ceiling.. idk maybe i'll just leave it be, but my coverage isn't what i was hoping......
Yea I hear ya. I don’t trust ceiling mounts, I’m not sure why. So that’s why I got this. I actually ordered it in white but was dumb and didn’t open the box until I was ready to assemble. The whole thing would have blended a lot better. The new noopsyche hybrid has tank mounts if that’s something your interested in. I would most likely do that hybrid instead if I could go back in time. The angling capability of the t5 reflectors seems worthwhile. I get a ton of light bleed that my corals could be soaking up with this aquaticlife. Either way I recommend t5 supplement. The only thing I wouldn’t think would need t5 supplement would be the new big orphek’s. But those come with reliability issues so I hear..

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I hear ya. I don’t trust ceiling mounts, I’m not sure why. So that’s why I got this. I actually ordered it in white but was dumb and didn’t open the box until I was ready to assemble. The whole thing would have blended a lot better. The new noopsyche hybrid has tank mounts if that’s something your interested in. I would most likely do that hybrid instead if I could go back in time. The angling capability of the t5 reflectors seems worthwhile. I get a ton of light bleed that my corals could be soaking up with this aquaticlife. Either way I recommend t5 supplement. The only thing I wouldn’t think would need t5 supplement would be the new big orphek’s. But those come with reliability issues so I hear..

yeah one of those would be pretty sweet, but super pricey.

i was actually scoping out those orphek bars and doing like 3-4 of those over a tank would be kinda cool, idk how powerful they are though

Orphek-Bar-Leds-for-Reef-frags-1.jpeg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah one of those would be pretty sweet, but super pricey.

i was actually scoping out those orphek bars and doing like 3-4 of those over a tank would be kinda cool, idk how powerful they are though

Orphek-Bar-Leds-for-Reef-frags-1.jpeg
Wow that would be cool! I think they are super powerful. Mounting would be tricky but your attached pic is so sick for a frag tank & frag grow out! Goals.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new additions are very nice! Including the crabs! Those Bob Marley's are very pretty.
Thank you! I’m very happy with all my new arrivals as well. Funny you mention the crabs haha. My wife Elizabeth was actually checking out the tank today for awhile watching the little emerald crabs pick bubble algae and eat it. They got more attention than my Moyers leopard has ever gotten! Haha. They are cool though, I’ve never had any crabs besides hermits. I’ll send you some bob marleys once they grow out for sure ! :)

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m considering using something like this bc I can’t hang a fixture from the ceiling since it’s under a furnace vent
48e1df17ad4cc1f3686b194743680c17.jpg

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew did my water change, now I remember why I hate doing them lol, so tiring with my waste water setup. I wanted to get my sandbed this water change since I’ve never done it on this tank. It was amazing how much dark stuff came up, terrifying actually lol. Lots of spaghetti worms to.
View attachment 1149006

New zoa/paly devils armor
View attachment 1149007
Free frag wwc bob marley
View attachment 1149009

Wwc dragon slayer
View attachment 1149010

Vivid Rainbow Delight
View attachment 1149011

Wwc blue curaçao
View attachment 1149012

I also made some frags of my wwc OG grafted monti
View attachment 1149015

[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]. Nice!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’m very happy with all my new arrivals as well. Funny you mention the crabs haha. My wife Elizabeth was actually checking out the tank today for awhile watching the little emerald crabs pick bubble algae and eat it. They got more attention than my Moyers leopard has ever gotten! Haha. They are cool though, I’ve never had any crabs besides hermits. I’ll send you some bob marleys once they grow out for sure ! :)

Always have loved my emeralds

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new additions are very nice! Including the crabs! Those Bob Marley's are very pretty.

Ok, now I have to ask a serious question, they are rastas and I bet mine are prettier rastas, there is no way that they can show me a better pic that makes it better or different to my guys?!
Just the thoughts of an English man that hates being shafted! ;)

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back