Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice nice. If you don’t manage to get a jackolantern lepto I’ll send you mine. It gets lost in the shuffle in my tank. It deserves some love.
View attachment 1141568
That's one nice lepto you got there! Exactly what I'm looking for! <3 Just let me know how much you want for it and shipping and that can be checked off my wish list.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's one nice lepto you got there! Exactly what I'm looking for! <3 Just let me know how much you want for it and shipping and that can be checked off my wish list.
Awesome! I need to look into getting something to make shipping easier and cheaper, I’ve seen some commercial for something called ship station, I may look into that. Fedex really bent me over last time I shipped coral. It ended up being like $140 to overnight coral to Alabama and it got stolen! Any ideas about shipping? How do people do it so inexpensively?

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Bleigh

The lich queen
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I need to looking getting something to make shipping easier and cheaper, I’ve seen some commercial for something called ship station, I may look into that. Fedex really bent me over last time I shipped coral. It ended up being like $140 to overnight coral to Alabama and it got stolen! Any ideas about shipping? How do people do it so inexpensively?
That’s insane! And way too much for shipping. May be worth starting a thread for. I have some really pretty mushrooms that are multiplying nicely. My giant purple one, a metallic green one and a rainbow one that I’d love to share with people. @JDowns got me started with those. Maybe he has an idea about shipping coral for a reasonable amount.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and you can just straight up have it. We will look into how much shipping is. I can eat $50 or so. If it’s more a small financial accommodation may be appreciated :)

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s insane! And way too much for shipping. May be worth starting a thread for. I have some really pretty mushrooms that are multiplying nicely. My giant purple one, a metallic green one and a rainbow one that I’d love to share with people. @JDowns got me started with those. Maybe he has an idea about shipping coral for a reasonable amount.
That would be great! I’d love to swap frags!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Bleigh

The lich queen
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great! I’d love to swap frags!
Lol. Thanks. I’d be horrified if shipping was that much. I’d tell you to throw a few more things in there while you were at it. And for sure about swapping. ive yet to frag anything. But this biocube is PACKED.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Thanks. I’d be horrified if shipping was that much. I’d tell you to throw a few more things in there while you were at it. And for sure about swapping. ive yet to frag anything. But this biocube is PACKED.
Nicee :) well hopefully we can figure out a cheaper shipping solution. This will be fun ! I have several other corals I’d love to send you pro bono as well.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved my bi-color indo branching Frammer a few days ago, my flow was beating it up in the 90. It looks so weird now in lower flow but happier than it did.
37E5A890-F215-41A0-95CE-50FBE9400132.jpeg

80AF8133-3C9F-4653-92AB-BC9E693D552F.jpeg

Going to transfer my metallic red Goni I got from the Legendary Corals giveaway to the 90 soon, I just need to find a good spot for it.
4ABBD73E-073E-44B8-82AA-B40804E4761D.jpeg

BRS
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what on earth is going on with that frogspawn LOL
It’s had a tough life under my care lol. Eaten to nothing by my flame when I first got it. Power outage in the 90, beaten up by flow in the 90 as it grew, now its back in with the flame! I feel bad ! Lol

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean it looks super cool, but dang those polyps are fluffy!

mine has been acting weird lately, i think it's growing a new head. i was worried about it for awhile, but then suddenly a hammer i had next to it up and shriveled and then brown jellied, super odd. i haven't lost a non acro in quite awhile

that red goni is awesome too, i'd love to get one but my goni record has been poor lol

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean it looks super cool, but dang those polyps are fluffy!

mine has been acting weird lately, i think it's growing a new head. i was worried about it for awhile, but then suddenly a hammer i had next to it up and shriveled and then brown jellied, super odd. i haven't lost a non acro in quite awhile. Or I can give you a frag if your down to wait a few months lol.

that red goni is awesome too, i'd love to get one but my goni record has been poor lol
Yea it definitely has an interesting look to it now haha. New head, nice! Ah that’s not good about bjd, I haven’t dealt with it myself :( doesn’t seem fun. This Goni is super easy if you wanted to try one, Legendary corals bulletproof metallic red Goni, it’s a mouthful but it does seem to be fairly bulletproof so far.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it definitely has an interesting look to it now haha. New head, nice! Ah that’s not good about bjd, I haven’t dealt with it myself :( doesn’t seem fun. This Goni is super easy if you wanted to try one, Legendary corals bulletproof metallic red Goni, it’s a mouthful but it does seem to be fairly bulletproof so far.

dang really? i'm like the brown jelly machine. i lost a couple of duncans early on to it, a frogspawn, like 3 gonis.. rofl

i have one goni that i've had for like a year, doesn't seem like it grows much and it's kind of a boring pastel color, but i like it. i'm always tempted to get some more gonis, but i had this little yellow one that unique corals sells that was like my favorite coral and when it brown jellied i was kinda over them.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang really? i'm like the brown jelly machine. i lost a couple of duncans early on to it, a frogspawn, like 3 gonis.. rofl

i have one goni that i've had for like a year, doesn't seem like it grows much and it's kind of a boring pastel color, but i like it. i'm always tempted to get some more gonis, but i had this little yellow one that unique corals sells that was like my favorite coral and when it brown jellied i was kinda over them.
Oh man yellow gonis are awesome, i want one so bad. I have this red/pink one and a green one. Wonder why yours got bjd, hmm. I’ve lost acans my first year from feeding low quality mysis. It did look kinda like bjd now that I think about it. What brands of food are you using?

Top Shelf Aquatics

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man yellow gonis are awesome, i want one so bad. I have this red/pink one and a green one. Wonder why yours got bjd, hmm. I’ve lost acans my first year from feeding low quality mysis. It did look kinda like bjd now that I think about it. What brands of food are you using?

idk what i had back then, i've never tried feeding mysis or anything meaty to gonis, just reef roids mix and tropic marin broadcast stuff

now i use rods/lrs/pe mysis/hikari/v2o/cobalt and probably a couple others lol. i have quite the collection. i try to do reef roids/oyster feast/phyto all mixed up and spot feed once a week, then do the tropic marin stuff once a week, then phyto when i remember. oh and i toss in a cube of cyclops for broadcast feeding sometimes.. come to think of it i should add that to my spot feeding mix

if u roll to OC RAP that's where i got the yellow goni from UC. they were pretty cool and gave me a good deal. i think i got their supershock torch (basic black torch green tips) lemon goni and a pink ricordia for $100, that was my big splurge at RAP.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk what i had back then, i've never tried feeding mysis or anything meaty to gonis, just reef roids mix and tropic marin broadcast stuff

now i use rods/lrs/pe mysis/hikari/v2o/cobalt and probably a couple others lol. i have quite the collection. i try to do reef roids/oyster feast/phyto all mixed up and spot feed once a week, then do the tropic marin stuff once a week, then phyto when i remember. oh and i toss in a cube of cyclops for broadcast feeding sometimes.. come to think of it i should add that to my spot feeding mix

if u roll to OC RAP that's where i got the yellow goni from UC. they were pretty cool and gave me a good deal. i think i got their supershock torch (basic black torch green tips) lemon goni and a pink ricordia for $100, that was my big splurge at RAP.
Wow that’s a steal, and quite the food collection! Nice!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to setting up my lunar cycle on my 360x’s. I’ll try it for a month or so and see if there’s any negative effects, I’m only having it running from 12-3 since the moon isn’t out all night being super bright on the reef. The brightness changes with the actual cycle depending on the calendar day I set up or something cool as well. We will see. Looks cool so that’s a plus.
946C5F65-4648-45A2-8969-3112B271E6DC.jpeg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back