Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it could be color content, patterning, or even specific colors and color combos. It's kinda all played by ear, and based off a "WOW" factor. The more high end stuff you see, the easier it is to grade things, and eventually you can determine the subtle differences between "wow", "Wow", and "WOW!".
Haha very true ! So accurate on the wow’s hahah.

Mike.P

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are those bengals? hopefully they don't enjoy the tank too much! lol

Savannahs. Ugh, you're telling me! The one on the left I'm not worried about, she's very smart, and has impeccable manners. lol. The one on the right is still a kitten, an F2 so already huge (and growing) and is absolutely psychotic like, level Spawn of Lucifer. She runs up walls... Literally.

That's actually a genuine worry I have with getting that fixture. I have not doubt that, at some point, she's going to try to jump up on it.

Mike.P

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get the hybrid; if you get the tank mounts, I highly recommend attaching them to your stand BEFORE your tank is full of water. That was not a fun day.
Oh absolutely! That's a bad day for sure... I'm debating between hanging it from the ceiling, or using the stand arms. Or wait... According to the rep, they're expecting the new wall mount to be released in about three weeks, I'm curious as to what that looks like.

I kind of want to figure out a way to mount it straight to the tank... Maybe with something like this, or similar to it:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mult...-0blivJSTg7psRYxjVDWJ-N6rEf7bYgxoClHcQAvD_BwE

There has to be a way! lol

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh absolutely! That's a bad day for sure... I'm debating between hanging it from the ceiling, or using the stand arms. Or wait... According to the rep, they're expecting the new wall mount to be released in about three weeks, I'm curious as to what that looks like.

I kind of want to figure out a way to mount it straight to the tank... Maybe with something like this, or similar to it:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mult...-0blivJSTg7psRYxjVDWJ-N6rEf7bYgxoClHcQAvD_BwE

There has to be a way! lol
Oh really? I didn’t know that. Sounds cool. I have always been shy of using ceiling mounts, not sure why. The physics doesn’t make sense to me, drywall is so thin.

Mike.P

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really? I didn’t know that. Sounds cool. I have always been shy of using ceiling mounts, not sure why. The physics doesn’t make sense to me, drywall is so thin.

I'm not a huge fan of them either. So I'm looking at this HMS system from AI right now...

Screenshot_20190530-003143_Chrome.jpg
It looks their brackets just slide into that center "T-Channel" using a nut and bolt. I wonder if there's a way to do that with the hybrid's suspension cables, maybe make a loop, and attach it to a piece of flat bracket that slides into the channel?

I'm sure there's some kind of schmekis that can be rigged up, assuming that rail will support the weight.

Last edited:

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Savannahs. Ugh, you're telling me! The one on the left I'm not worried about, she's very smart, and has impeccable manners. lol. The one on the right is still a kitten, an F2 so already huge (and growing) and is absolutely psychotic like, level Spawn of Lucifer. She runs up walls... Literally.

That's actually a genuine worry I have with getting that fixture. I have not doubt that, at some point, she's going to try to jump up on it.

hah, those are half serval right? the wild cat species that plucks birds out of the air via ambush?

rubs magic 8 ball and..... i see a tank canopy or in wall tank in your future!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a huge fan of them either. So I'm looking at this HMS system from AI right now...

View attachment 1086954
It looks their brackets just slide into that center "T-Channel" using a nut and bolt. I wonder if there's a way to that with the hybrid's suspension cables, maybe make a loop, and attach it to a piece of flat bracket that slides into the channel?

I'm sure there's some kind of schmekis that can be rigged up, assuming that rail will support the weight.
Oh wow yea you could definitely figure something out with those, nice find.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hah, those are half serval right? the wild cat species that plucks birds out of the air via ambush?

Sounds like a hardcore cat lol

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like a serval & ocelot hybrid. Lol. Bred for destruction. Very cool looking though!

Nutramar Foods

Mike.P

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow yea you could definitely figure something out with those, nice find.

I knew it would come to me eventually, I had it rattling around in my head, and finally put my finger on it...

Rifle bipod adapter.

Run the single part of the cable (that would go to the ceiling) through the eyelet of this thing, loop it back, and clamp it down. Then it would just slide into that channel. May have to have the sides cut down a bit to fit, but I think it may work.

Screenshot_20190530-005422_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew it would come to me eventually, I had it rattling around in my head, and finally put my finger on it...

Rifle bipod adapter.

Run the single part of the cable (that would go to the ceiling) through the eyelet of this thing, loop it back, and clamp it down. Then it would just slide into that channel. May have to have the sides cut down a bit to fit, but I think it may work.

View attachment 1086955
It seems like it would work!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that looks great! I might give that a go for sure.

Thanks, hope it inspires more people to save money and build it exactly how u want it.

No sacrifices when choosing that way

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In college, a guy I knew, who happened to be the biggest drug dealer on campus (not how/why I knew him) had a serval. It basically ate raw meat and hated women. I once saw it jump from the floor to the top of the fridge with ease.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back