+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if my pipes leak we will know why lol

Haha...I’m sure you gave them the quarter turn which generally gets rid of the tunnels. But that tool does look cool. I might grab one when I head plumb this return.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha...I’m sure you gave them the quarter turn which generally gets rid of the tunnels. But that tool does look cool. I might grab one when I head plumb this return.
I hope so. I got lucky on my 90 with zero leaks. This one was a little more fancy and a lot more connections. Pretty anxious to get it wet lol.
This is how I “should of” done my 90 though. I wasn’t as enlightened to the fancy plumbing jobs until I joined r2r! Even this plumbing job has room for improvement. It’s not awful though.

neoGeorge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, haha yea my wife wanted purple lol, Thank you! I got it all glued in last night as well. Only thing I need to do today is add a 2 inch extension right above the return. I lost some height after gluing, shouldn’t be hard to fix. Pretty happy with how it came out though, I’ll take some acetone and get the pipes shiny and the purple off before I add water too.
View attachment 1036038
View attachment 1036039

Looks great!

Nutramar Foods

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Tank is looking really good, nice job. I went to look at that app, and not sure if it works on all iPhones. I have an iPhone. 8 and it would not load. But that would be amazing I have started keeping notes books on what I’m doing with my tank as a source and journal. That way if I’m ever sick or away people have and or can see the history of my tank. This all would help but not sure if it does all that, or if you can just name live stock. I can’t sver remember half of the names that I have, some don’t even have names.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!
Thank you!
My wife gave me the ultimate compliment when she got home and saw it all, “ wait you did this all by yourself??” That was such amazing compliment in an indirect yet sincere way. For a rookie at diy stuff this was big. Just thought I’d share, haha.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Tank is looking really good, nice job. I went to look at that app, and not sure if it works on all iPhones. I have an iPhone. 8 and it would not load. But that would be amazing I have started keeping notes books on what I’m doing with my tank as a source and journal. That way if I’m ever sick or away people have and or can see the history of my tank. This all would help but not sure if it does all that, or if you can just name live stock. I can’t sver remember half of the names that I have, some don’t even have names.
Thank you! Yea as long as your phone is up to date software wise you should be good to go. Aquarimate it’s called. It costs $10. So if you didn’t pay it’s not the right one, lolz.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yea as long as your phone is up to date software wise you should be good to go. Aquarimate it’s called. It costs $10. So if you didn’t pay it’s not the right one, lolz.

Nope it’s the 9.99 but only lists certain phones and my phone is updated but it’s not on the list. Even though I am up to date my phone is lower than these ones.

CC97260A-0C99-4C44-9191-F7AF5DA97311.png

94A39723-FEE0-4D16-B16E-0FFB81A1FE30.png

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope it’s the 9.99 but only lists certain phones and my phone is updated but it’s not on the list. Even though I am up to date my phone is lower than these ones.

View attachment 1037085

View attachment 1037086
Hm that’s weird. I have the 7+, I’m gonna get a new phone sometime here soon.. lol. Oh it’s optimized for those phones, it still works on others I’m guessing. It works on mine is all I know lol.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm that’s weird. I have the 7+, I’m gonna get a new phone sometime here soon.. lol.

Hello,

Yeah I tried lol it didn’t work for me but I am super horrible at these so called smart phones. When I tried to download it said ios not compatible but I have 12.02 already which is the newest. So maybe I’m stuck with note books lol.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah I tried lol it didn’t work for me but I am super horrible at these so called smart phones. When I tried to download it said ios not compatible but I have 12.02 already which is the newest. So maybe I’m stuck with note books lol.
That’s so strange! Inside your App Store did you try to check for any updates too? Your screen says you got 8! lol

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so strange! Inside your App Store did you try to check for any updates too? Your screen says you got 8! lol

I have the app on my phone and I am iOS 12.1.4

Nutramar Foods

saintsreturn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo my extender piece fit first try! I also added an additional union for more ease of access because I had some trouble getting this pipe in and out.

View attachment 1037005
View attachment 1037006

Thank you!
My wife gave me the ultimate compliment when she got home and saw it all, “ wait you did this all by yourself??” That was such amazing compliment in an indirect yet sincere way. For a rookie at diy stuff this was big. Just thought I’d share, haha.

So you will be very pleased with the new coupler being on there. You can make a second piece now, so when you need to pull the pump out and clean it, you can easily swap in a second pump. Or if you leave the mid piece a little long (dont glue), you will have everything for when you buy a different pump to cut glue and swap on site. Much easier than cutting pipe every time.

HAHAHA, your wife sounds similar to mine when it comes to compliments. She never says things like, "wow you did a great job." Its more like "wow, you did that on your own" or "who helped you?" haha. kills me, but apartment living for our first near decade together makes it hard to do handy stuff...

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you will be very pleased with the new coupler being on there. You can make a second piece now, so when you need to pull the pump out and clean it, you can easily swap in a second pump. Or if you leave the mid piece a little long (dont glue), you will have everything for when you buy a different pump to cut glue and swap on site. Much easier than cutting pipe every time.

HAHAHA, your wife sounds similar to mine when it comes to compliments. She never says things like, "wow you did a great job." Its more like "wow, you did that on your own" or "who helped you?" haha. kills me, but apartment living for our first near decade together makes it hard to do handy stuff...
I did make a back up piece! Glad you agree that was a good idea haha. I was thinking the same thing. The union on the pump is already stuck so that’s another big reason why I did that haha. That’s funny your wife says similar stuff lol, I blame it on the apt living as well for me haha.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
009D8D6B-352D-4F44-88A2-1FCECBBF7AD2.gif

Woo got my 360x brackets(2) for my hybrid (for my 90). Hopefully my wife will get the hint I need one more light since I only have 1 360x. My Bday is around the corner! Spectral controller X while your at it plz!
AD5128A0-08C7-4B75-8C86-49135F4EDB9A.jpeg

saintsreturn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did make a back up piece! Glad you agree that was a good idea haha. I was thinking the same thing. The union on the pump is already stuck so that’s another big reason why I did that haha. That’s funny your wife says similar stuff lol, I blame it on the apt living as well for me haha.

Deal. We will both blame that and call it good. HAHA.

Yeah i have a couple spares. One to swap out my pump with another point of sale pump i have for maintenance. One for the future when i finally buy the ecotech or octo return pump.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deal. We will both blame that and call it good. HAHA.

Yeah i have a couple spares. One to swap out my pump with another point of sale pump i have for maintenance. One for the future when i finally buy the ecotech or octo return pump.
Niceee. Yea eventually I’ll prob upgrade the varioS 4 on my 90 to the 6, then use the 4 on the 40b. I love that RO return, that thing is a beast, zero issues.

saintsreturn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niceee. Yea eventually I’ll prob upgrade the varioS 4 on my 90 to the 6, then use the 4 on the 40b. I love that RO return, that thing is a beast, zero issues.
I always wanted to stick with one line of controllers, but that varios is a sexy beast. It will just depend on the when and coin at the time. Plus, i have throttled back my spend a lot on my tank as it just doesnt seem to be worth it like i first thought.

We will see...

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted to stick with one line of controllers, but that varios is a sexy beast. It will just depend on the when and coin at the time. Plus, i have throttled back my spend a lot on my tank as it just doesnt seem to be worth it like i first thought.

We will see...
I feel ya on that.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Queen City Corals
Back