GHL Users, Need Wifi Module ESP Update File

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any GHL Profilux users have the zip file needed to update the WiFi? Looking for the latest non-beta version. GHL's own website link is broken and I am not able to get the file I need to update mine. And because of that, I cannot log into my Profilux to make any changes.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

We are aware of this problem and have notified the technicians in charge of the website's technical infrastructure. This issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Unfortunately it's currently the weekend, so I can't tell you when the problem will be solved.

Here is the file in the meantime: https://we.tl/t-7pHKFHGsPT

Gaël

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

We are aware of this problem and have notified the technicians in charge of the website's technical infrastructure. This issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Unfortunately it's currently the weekend, so I can't tell you when the problem will be solved.

Here is the file in the meantime: https://we.tl/t-7pHKFHGsPT

Gaël
Thank you for that! Do you happen to have a link to the non-beta version? Or is the beta stable that we can use it as well?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that! Do you happen to have a link to the non-beta version? Or is the beta stable that we can use it as well?
This version was released a month ago, and is marked beta because it's the latest, but don't worry.

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This version was released a month ago, and is marked beta because it's the latest, but don't worry.
I updated the file system and firmware... but it still does not connect via myGHL. I deleted the profilux from my system and when trying to add it again, it says that it cannot be added. When I connect to the Profilux via USB, it does show the updated module number, and has check marks on the "Connected as Client" and "File System OK" boxes, but "Connected with myGHL" is not checked.

I swear to god, GHL has some of the worst updating and user interfaces known to mankind. I always put off updating and dread doing it, because it takes weeks to get it to work.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then open a support ticket for a direct assistant.
Support is provided via the ticket system.
Probably wrong IP settings.

Gaël

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI - I can’t connect to my P4 or my (3) Mitras either through the app or my GHL 99% of the time. The problem was coming and going but is now pretty much all of the time. Not a firewall or network issue. Local works but something with the cloud service just won’t connect. Guess it has something to do with IP or DNS cache on the cloud side but have zero time to dig into it. I get the warning about the MyGHL server move still sometimes too when it finally does connect.

Also all of my data from Jan to Sep is missing…

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI - I can’t connect to my P4 or my (3) Mitras either through the app or my GHL 99% of the time. The problem was coming and going but is now pretty much all of the time. Not a firewall or network issue. Local works but something with the cloud service just won’t connect. Guess it has something to do with IP or DNS cache on the cloud side but have zero time to dig into it. I get the warning about the MyGHL server move still sometimes too when it finally does connect.

Also all of my data from Jan to Sep is missing…
As I'm not located in the USA, I can't test and rule out a local problem.
However, to my knowledge @Vinny@GHLUSA has not reported any such problem.
I have already reported your post (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/local-connections-removed-in-ghl-connect.1056593/post-12941772) last week to the network/servers team so that they can analyze the situation.

Gaël

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will open a ticket when I get a moment.

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then open a support ticket for a direct assistant.
Support is provided via the ticket system.
Probably wrong IP settings.

Gaël
I appreciate your attempt to help us, but I can assure you, in my case it is not IP settings. I've had a Profilux 4 since Jan 2017 and other GHL equipment even before that, and unfortunately because of that, I've gone through multiple tickets, countless hours of assistance from Vinny and an unending amount of forum posts and youtube videos to try and get things to work properly anytime any updates happen.

Prior to this update, my IP settings were working fine and were stable and as such. Also, I had learned to take screen shots of my settings in cases of stuff messing up. All have been put to the same as before, and still no luck. Same as with BeanAnimal, I am luckily able to connect locally still, but no longer via cloud.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ilyad I've too have experienced countless hours trying to resolve wifi firmware issues. I've been a GHL user for many years. At first, GHL was responsive to issues and overall, the products were relatively stable. But in recent years, I've found my satisfaction with GHL is at an all-time low. Besides countless issues with firmware upgrades, earlier this year my KH director stopped working. Despite many hours of. various recommended fixes, the product still doesn't work. In the end I was told to buy more products (new sensors etc.). I recently had another issue with a purchase I made regarding a temp sensor. I purchased one called "Temp Sensor Aquarium" which is the first merchandised on the page. Below the fold (well below the purchase buttons) is says "not comp[atible with Profilux 4". Great. $70 later plus shipping, I will have to throw this in the garbage as I can't return it to GHL as I purchased it earlier in the year. Fine. But their response to me was "It’s not our responsibility if you did not scroll down to read the full description before making your purchase.". Considering I've invested well over $1,000 with this company, I find their responses to customer issues to be lacking. certainly not at the level of a company that relies on a small customer base which is active on forums and invests a ton of money in their products. Anyway, GHL I hope you take note that the same customers who once defended your products on these forums are largely less satisfied than they were years ago. And please invest more in your software (MAC compatible would be great - maybe some time in the 2020s) and your customer service.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My crystal ball says 2030s!!!! But the ball it is bit cloudy and the wifi connection is spotty…
MAC compatible is a dream. I only wish they will overhaul the legacy GCC and redesign the Myghl version of control from scratch....MyGHL is still heavily based on GCC with somewhat different UI, and the GCC is really an outdated legacy software of it's own...

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAC compatible is a dream. I only wish they will overhaul the legacy GCC and redesign the Myghl version of control from scratch....MyGHL is still heavily based on GCC with somewhat different UI, and the GCC is really an outdated legacy software of it's own...
I spent 3 hours last evening in GCC trying to get my light profiles worked out for the new coral pop.

Insanity. Close an illumination channel... click on the main illumination tab and the last illumination channel to be opened, opens back up because it is still highlighted on the left menu of the tab. Whack-a-mole insanity. I must have opened and closed 500 GCC tab. Worse, you can't even tell which tab is active easily.

Yes - long in the tooth and needs to be taken out to pasture.

However, even though they have light composer in the web app now, it is lacking features like overall brightness for a set time and color... I built a spreadsheet to do the calcs... but still a lot of work for them to do on it. I am not sure when (if) it will evolve.

Matthias indicated that in no uncertain terms there would never be a MacOS version of GCC and that eventually the web version will handle everything.

I have owned an IT firm for well over 2 decades. I have been a Microsoft Windows user since the Windows 1.0 beta... I switched to MacOS about 8 years ago and now loathe every moment I spend on a Windows desktop... I can't avoid it in the IT world. It gets clunkier and more ridiculously hard to use with each "improvement" and has pretty much turned into an Ad platform with live crap everywhere.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back