GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those not Facebook

ProfiLux 4 on the way!

Yesterday finally shipments started, the first customers should hold the ProfiLux 4 already today or early next week in their hands. As already mentioned the late delivery of some raw materials to us caused a significant production delay - these problems are now fortunately a thing of the past. Due to the huge amount of preorders it will take a while before everyone will receive a ProfiLux 4. Please ask your dealer for the concrete delivery date.
We would like to apologize for the long waiting time once again and thank you for your understanding and patience.

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos of the process.
Firmware upload and check

IMG_1193.JPG

Product testing 100%
IMG_1192.JPG

Hardware check on all units.
IMG_1191.JPG

Final assembly
IMG_1190.JPG

On the way to our wonderful customers
IMG_1189.JPG

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch all media.:) Saw Matthias post it on the Facebook group and thought I would copy and paste his post here along with the pictures.
I have a nice P3 ext model and is working like a top so I am not really looking to replace mine. Thou I love the case and it fits will all my dosers many other things to buy right now. I wanted this shipped and out the door so that they can spend time on getting other projects out the door that I am really excited about.:)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I preordered and I'm in the US, it sounds like somewhere around Feb. 9th is the estimated date for delivery. Anyone else have any new info?
The P4's left our warehouse in Germany days ago... and are en route to our US warehouse.

It's in the mighty hands of our Logistics partner, and more so, US CBP (Customs) for clearing. We expect to receive an update soon.

Dumaurier7

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! I overflowed my sump three times and my skimmer twice since(one time today!), lights and feedings are on manual , I can't run my calcium reactor or ozone and I turn my algae scrubber on and off manually, I need my P4 soon!

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all ok now, customs released the shipment yesterday, we expect it in the warehouse soon

we will forward the P4, Mitras LX, dosers, etc. ASAP

there are 3 pallets right now on the way ... more in preparation

Last edited:

Scythanith

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very happy with GHL in the fact that they are making the new Alk & Ca probes backwards compatible with the P3. I have a lot of money sunk into their products and am relieved I am not being forced into the upgrade. Thank you GHL!

fredro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have never owned a Profilux controller before (I have personally had an Apex until this point), but many people may be upgrading from an earlier Profilux controller. As many of the accessories and add-one may be compatible with all lines of the Profilux controller, I was wondering if there was anywhere that specifically compared the new P4 controller to the prior versions, showing the specific upgrades and improvements made to the controller itself. I'm really excited to have the P4 controller and the selling point for me, was owning the GHL Doser 2 and seeing how easy and intuitive the software and programming was. I was just curious to see what the actual upgrades to the controller itself were, from the prior p3 version.

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions and Answers:
Q: What is the main difference between the P3 and P4?
A: P4 includes a new design, built-in WiFi, switchable pH/redox ports, additional ports and functions.

This is from their own page:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/the-new-profilux-4/
Built in Wifi is one of the biggest things from most. I have my P3 connected to the network hard wired.

fredro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if it uses a better processor or if it built on the same platform as the P3?

Mine is preordered regardless, and the selling point for me was the design that matches my Doser 2. Oh, and the fact that it's NOT a Neptune Systems product.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if it uses a better processor or if it built on the same platform as the P3?

Mine is preordered regardless, and the selling point for me was the design that matches my Doser 2. Oh, and the fact that it's NOT a Neptune Systems product.

We Thank You for your support and Pre-Order. You won't be disappointed.
Yes, updated hardware all around. :) - We added additional resources for future developments and expand-ability, in addition to the expand-ability already present in the P3 platform.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back