Forum Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you think we’ve changed or am I reading you wrong? :p

I'm not sure what's changed. There just seems to be more and more going on lately that just has me questioning things. And I'm clearly not the only one that has noticed it and have concerns about it all.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Demonic

Love Change
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its none of my business - but - there is a 'back room'. There are private forums for 'supporters' - which I'm happy to be. There are also private forums for moderators. So - whether its nefarious or not (I don't think it is since I'm in one of them) - there are back rooms.
Never knew there was a forum for supporters. I knew about the one for the mods, but that one has a lot of adulting in it. Cant be much fun in that one

JoshH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never knew there was a forum for supporters. I knew about the one for the mods, but that one has a lot of adulting in it. Cant be much fun in that one

There is certainly a supporting member forum and even monthly supporter give aways to participate in!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your point man? There’s back rooms, private rooms, but not back room nonsense. Back rooms with a lot of blood, sweat and tears but not nonsense.

Actually - it was an unfair comment on my part - perhaps so I apologize. BTW - I never said the word nonsense. I also said - that I was a proud supporter of this site - man. So - I don't completely understand your words above. you're tired - and I'm not your or the sites enemy.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I'm not sure what's changed. There just seems to be more and more going on lately that just has me questioning things. And I'm clearly not the only one that has noticed it and have concerns about it all.

Ok so what do you want me to do about it? I’ve tried explaining to you the best I can. I don’t know what else to do.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the supporter forum is pretty dead and pretty much unused and again, please see my previous post. Of course there are places for mods to discuss things, we can't exactly publicly debate about a member breaking the rules or about someone reporting something.

Totally - totally - understand. Im not trying to argue here - I was responding to something someone else said.

Nutramar Foods

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Actually - it was an unfair comment on my part - perhaps so I apologize. BTW - I never said the word nonsense. I also said - that I was a proud supporter of this site - man. So - I don't completely understand your words above. you're tired - and I'm not your or the sites enemy.

My point was I never said we didn’t have a back room. I said we didn’t have back room nonsense in response to JoshH saying that there was back room nonsense.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issue I have is the complete mentality of many postings as of late that aren't actually a discussion.

R2R & Rev haven't changed, tougher to regulate this. Probably.

The forum had gotten larger exponentially quick and that brings in the human nature when in large groups, having usless argumentative "discussions"

Many post and threads, becoming more common than not, are so counter productive in the strive for knowledge, perseverance, balance, a desire to achieve an ecosystem goal - a happiness.....that it becomes a burning of brain cells trying to figure out the comprehension of why.... why and what.

Some threads have absolutely no value at all for advancement or real communication of our hobby. Just people complain to complain.

Are we so bored.... or.... knowledgeable and absolutely sure of ourselves that we have nothing left but to bicker over mundane issues, that have no relevance at all to our goals as reefkeeprs and friends?

Maybe a couple more mods are needed.... Who knows. People just need to chill out and focus on our tanks and help one another.

JoshH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point was I never said we didn’t have a back room. I said we didn’t have back room nonsense in response to JoshH saying that there was back room nonsense.

Yah that was definitely directed to me and not you @MnFish1

Top Shelf Aquatics

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issue I have is the complete mentality of many postings as of late that aren't actually a discussion.

R2R & Rev haven't changed, tougher to regulate this. Probably.

The forum had gotten larger exponentially quick and that brings in the human nature when in large groups, ...
I am sure Rev can give you the exact metrics, but there has been an explosive growth in recent years and you are right, this type of growth is inevitably going to create change...and discourse with it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Yah that was definitely directed to me and not you @MnFish1

Josh man I don’t wish ill will towards you at all. I’m the type of person that wants to make everything right with everybody and get others to see things how I see them. That’s not healthy for me. Lol! That being said it’s an impossible task. I hope we can win you back someday.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize personally - for bringing up some of these issues - and - I will again also tell you that I appreciate personally that you are listening. its time for bed - I'll repost the questions I asked before more succinctly:)

Corals.com

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure Rev can give you the exact metrics, but there has been an explosive growth in recent years and you are right, this type of growth is inevitably going to create change...and discourse with it
Have the amount of mods and RS members also been increased in proportion to the amount of new members on the forum? I know tons of amazingly brilliant people on here who seem like they’d be great candidates for the RS, I keep waiting for the announcement threads, but they never come.

JoshH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so what do you want me to do about it? I’ve tried explaining to you the best I can. I don’t know what else to do.

I think you have done as much as you're willing to do and I understand that. And I'll just have to fall into the category of some one you just won't be able to make happy. I'm okay with that too... I feel anything I could suggest wouldn't be happening anyway. I'm just venting my extreme frustration at this point. And I do apologize for you being at the center of it as most of my frustration has to do with the mod team and how certain things have been handled rather than with you specifically.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I apologize personally - for bringing up some of these issues - and - I will again also tell you that I appreciate personally that you are listening. its time for bed - I'll repost the questions I asked before more succinctly:)

Thank you and I will answer them as best I can. No apology needed.

Corals.com

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Have the amount of mods and RS members also been increased in proportion to the amount of new members on the forum? I know tons of amazingly brilliant people on here who seem like they’d be great candidates for the RS, I keep waiting for the announcement threads, but they never come.

You can always nominate people by reporting their posts and leaving a note that way.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I think you have done as much as you're willing to do and I understand that. And I'll just have to fall into the category of some one you just won't be able to make happy. I'm okay with that too... I feel anything I could suggest wouldn't be happening anyway. I'm just venting my extreme frustration at this point.

Let’s me and you talk next week and try to work through some of these issues if you’re willing. I am willing to try my best to win you back. Seriously good night at this point! I’m sooo tired! :)

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always nominate people by reporting their posts and leaving a note that way.
Gonna be napping at the booth tomorrow? [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We try and increase the number of mods but life comes first, so our numbers are always fluctuating and sometimes more is not always better (we have all worked for a company at one point or anther that has too many managers lol) Also, if you see someone who would make a great Reef Squad member or a mod, always report it or send one of us a PM!

JoshH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s me and you talk next week and try to work through some of these issues if you’re willing. I am willing to try my best to win you back. Seriously good night at this point! I’m sooo tired! :)

Yeah, I think sleep will do us all some good. I'm always willing to work through stuff:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back