+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a lot of courage ;)

I want to nominate @Hemmdog for the coveted R2R "Courage" banner.

Am I posting in the right place?

I deleted everything else I wrote. I've had comments removed before I understood the Negative Vendor Policy Posting policy on here. FWIW I was defending the (absent) vendor who was getting piled on. So my positive comment was deleted. I'm still very upset about it.

What's the emoji for conflicted, confused, and constipated?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

erk

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree that there is a trend to over-exaggerate what people say, there is a difference between offering constructive criticism and being rude. I have seen plenty of posts where someone is offering useful information, but in a condescending manner. I report these kinds of posts. No need to be rude. It may be frustrating that the person asking for advice is not cooperating, but there could be multiple reasons for this. Best thing to do is just not say anything at all. I've typed out full responses just to delete them because it doesn't make anything better. Not worth feeding the flame.

If you feel someone is reacting negatively to a comment you leave, don't just chalk it up to them being a "snowflake." Maybe there is some validity to that claim. Maybe in a way it is disrespectful. And if you come to the conclusion that they really are just being obtuse, then hit that ignore button. I've only ignored one person on this forum so far and that is because they offer horrible anecdotal advice as fact. That is by far the most frustrating thing to me.

Corals.com

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I deleted everything else I wrote. I've had comments removed before I understood the Negative Vendor Policy Posting policy on here. FWIW I was defending the (absent) vendor who was getting piled on. So my positive comment was deleted. I'm still very upset about it.

Yesss lol. Thank you thank you haha.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I’m at the RAP show and having a great time but tired as heck.

1. I honestly care for you all. I really do. I’m here for any of you at any time for any reason.

2. It takes A LOT to get banned from here. I feel like I can win anyone over and I want to make as many people happy as possible, to a fault. I actually hate the word “banned.”

3. We have the best moderating staff in the hobby here on R2R and we’re really trying to do a great job, be fair and treat everyone with respect. We are FAR from perfect but this is a solid team that cares for the community.

4. We’re trying hard to continue to keep R2R friendly and focused on community.

5. You posted a very respectful thread and I appreciate your feedback. We are not “above” feedback and learning from our mistakes. If members perceive us as being “one way” whether we feel like we are or not, then we need to work on clearing that perception up!

6. We’re not trying to hide anything. It’s unprofessional for us to hash out private issues with members even when they feel the need to go public. We’re not going to do that on most cases.

Help us and let’s work together to be the best community we can be. I say that to everyone and thank you for your feedback.

Avast

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at the RAP show and having a great time but tired as heck.

1. I honestly care for you all. I really do. I’m here for any of you at any time for any reason.

2. It takes A LOT to get banned from here. I feel like I can win anyone over and I want to make as many people happy as possible, to a fault. I actually hate the word “banned.”

3. We have the best moderating staff in the hobby here on R2R and we’re really trying to do a great job, be fair and treat everyone with respect. We are FAR from perfect but this is a solid team that cares for the community.

4. We’re trying hard to continue to keep R2R friendly and focused on community.

5. You posted a very respectful thread and I appreciate your feedback. We are not “above” feedback and learning from our mistakes. If members perceive us as being “one way” whether we feel like we are or not, then we need to work on clearing that perception up!

6. We’re not trying to hide anything. It’s unprofessional for us to hash out private issues with members even when they feel the need to go public. We’re not going to do that on most cases.

Help us and let’s work together to be the best community we can be. I say that to everyone and thank you for your feedback.

@revhtree

Translation: "I'm banning all-you-all just as soon as I get back from the RAP show."
But seriously folks:
We love you to Rev and the rest of the mods on here who work to make this site as good as it can be.
Have a great time at the show and get some nice stuff while you are there!
Maybe I'll see you at church this Sunday. :)

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well to be fair, outside comments are not allowed in the vendor feedback threads. The sticky us pretty explicit about that. One person isnt exactly a pile on either considering the thousands of ppl that order from that vendor.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While somethings may seem inconsistently handled I assure you that every report gets looked at by multiple mods unless it is a just a duplicate post. So things are never handled on a whim.

We do are best in balancing being a "friendly forum" and not overmoderating. But that's not always easy. We use the Terms of Service as our guide, so if something isn't against ToS, we try not to act.

However, individuals have history. So if someone is repeatedly being reported as being abrasive, or coming close to the line of what is acceptable, we may reach out to that person.

Again, I can't reiterate enough to report any issues.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
@revhtree

Translation: "I'm banning all-you-all just as soon as I get back from the RAP show."
But seriously folks:
We love you to Rev and the rest of the mods on here who work to make this site as good as it can be.
Have a great time at the show and get some nice stuff while you are there!
Maybe I'll see you at church this Sunday. :)

Haha never! Without you all we have NO COMMUNITY!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to reefing and new to r2r, but I am not new to forums and honestly this is the nicest most supportive forum I’ve ever seen. You guys are awesome and amazing and totally make someone struggling feel like they’ve got this. I am in the mommy blog circles and post on some forums as well... people are nasty. No matter what I post, what question I ask, what opinion I give I have at least a handful of people telling me I’m a terrible mother. I obviously haven’t read every thread here, but I do read a lot and the few times I’ve seen someone get rude/aggressive 50 people jump to back the person who was attacked, it’s amazing. I really think this community is great and I appreciate everyone who ask questions and gives answers.

... this probably wasn’t the place to air my appreciation, but I’m going with it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

tchan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @MnFish1 said it well. This is the best reef forum in the whole US and the intention is good. I mean even the name says it all, Reef 2 Reef. It's filled with information and knowledge for us hobbyists to enjoy and connect with others. But as the site gets bigger, with more sponsors and the extra reef unrelated ads, it does makes one feel the "different" feeling toward this forum. Money? Power?... Maybe.....
I respect and admire all the RS and any people who have posted more than 4 digit msgs, their dedication to the forum is what makes it great. Of course conflicts will always happen no matter how perfect the situation or place is. That's just humanity as a whole. we never satisfy. There's always a better tank, a newer gadgets, and a more colorful and rare fish that we want. Its never enough.....

The point of my post is that I hate to see good people argue about problems that are unrelated to them to start off and end in an unsatisfactory ending. IMO, there seems to be a huge influx of newcomers into the reef hobby which could be good/bad, depending on their intention of the saltwater world. Some are here to enjoy the reefing, but others might be here to make some fast money, hence the high prices of many corals lately. So please do not let those people crash the site. Good and honest members who love to post and help out others are hard to come by. They are the MVPs of this forum. Take a deep breath, tomorrow is a better day...

Happy Reefing

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I’m new to reefing and new to r2r, but I am not new to forums and honestly this is the nicest most supportive forum I’ve ever seen. You guys are awesome and amazing and totally make someone struggling feel like they’ve got this. I am in the mommy blog circles and post on some forums as well... people are nasty. No matter what I post, what question I ask, what opinion I give I have at least a handful of people telling me I’m a terrible mother. I obviously haven’t read every thread here, but I do read a lot and the few times I’ve seen someone get rude/aggressive 50 people jump to back the person who was attacked, it’s amazing. I really think this community is great and I appreciate everyone who ask questions and gives answers.

... this probably wasn’t the place to air my appreciation, but I’m going with it.

Love this and thank you!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try not to get into the politics aspect of forum life. It is there, people are people and it can’t be avoided . It’s going to be found anywhere though. Anyone who works in a medium or large company knows all about politics. Remember school? Do I see it as a major issue here, no but that is only my opinion

For me, unless politics is affecting me directly I just move on. I wasted too much time trying to make everything equal. Not gonna happen. Something one person writes will be interpreted and responded to differently than others. One member may get admonished for a post another wouldn’t.

My point? I have enjoyed being a part of this since joining. Everybody is great. Since joining I ran into only 1 member a long ago that got sideways on me. And it so happened 3 or 4 others came quick to defend me.

I tried another forum after going thru a major illness. That other forum was full of, well u know what’s. I would notice and miss if people in this thread dropped out of here.

And @KrisReef you rock. I always like your posts. And everyone else’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back