Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually - I lied. I would be afraid of being banned if I said it had to do with someone specific. This is what seems different. (It still doesn't apply to humble or anyone else) - but I would never say if it did. Its funny - and I think I just figured out what the issue is - its everyone 'trying' to 'not offend' anyone - People that say ludicrous things are not called out. Its like everyone getting a participation medal in soccer. I may be in the wrong here - totally - in other words - maybe honesty is not the best policy (or directness). But to me - 'somethings different'

Exactly! Everyone gets offended and these days it's cool to be a tattle tail and run to an authority figure cos their little feelings got hurt or just love creating drama. Case in point, the "snowflake" thread.

Not trying to pick forums or anything but that is why I like to go to RC at times because you can post stuff and not get moderated for hurting someone's feelings if they disagree.

Idk

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! Everyone gets offended and these days it's cool to be a tattle tail and run to an authority figure cos their little feelings got hurt or just love creating drama. Case in point, the "snowflake" thread.

Not trying to pick forums or anything but that is why I like to go to RC at times because you can post stuff and not get moderated for hurting someone's feelings if they disagree.

Idk
Good luck with this one(JK).... People are people- they will disagree here and on RC. But - for example - @Paul B and I disagree all the time. @Lasse and I have disagreed here but - its not personal - I like that about this site. I like a lot about this site.

AS

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be honest, I also reported the thread in question, it was not productive. It was just an angry post.

I have been banned from another forum totally different subject matter, for “being rude”. I called out a moderator for obvious bias and was banned. When you tick off Mods, they will pile on and ban you. This is the internet and they have the right to censor you in these forums. Like it or not.. it’s their house, not your house. You’re a guest and you are expected to act like one. I can go on and on but you get the idea.

Just shake off things and be glad the info here can help you when you need it. Imagine getting banned from it and all the info here is unavailable to you in an emergency. Is it worth it to keep going down the rabbit hole?

kschweer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel compelled to respond to this but will only say that if anyone sees a post or member that is not acting in a family friendly manor to please report them and it will be looked into. The mod staff here is 100% volunteer based and we work very hard to keep things running smoothly and keeping things friendly. Are there things we can improve? Of course, but I feel we do a great job and are leaps and bounds over other forums I have been on. I may be biased but I still think it 100%. And as far as cliques go any place with lots of members will have cliques of some sort whether good or bad. I could have read the original post here and bet a large sum of money on who the next 5 members to post would be and been right. So this goes both ways. I have a feeling I know where this is coming from but I’ll stop there don’t want to fuel the conspiracy theory any more...

kschweer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and please report the message where you were told “no one likes you here” we will look into it for you.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be honest, I also reported the thread in question, it was not productive. It was just an angry post.

I have been banned from another forum totally different subject matter, for “being rude”. I called out a moderator for obvious bias and was banned. When you tick off Mods, they will pile on and ban you. This is the internet and they have the right to censor you in these forums. Like it or not.. it’s their house, not your house. You’re a guest and you are expected to act like one. I can go on and on but you get the idea.

Just shake off things and be glad the info here can help you when you need it. Imagine getting banned from it and all the info here is unavailable to you in an emergency. Is it worth it to keep going down the rabbit hole?

Thats why I send monthly checks to @Crabs McJones and @4FordFamily and @HotRocks (among others ) JK of course...

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel compelled to respond to this but will only say that if anyone sees a post or member that is not acting in a family friendly manor to please report them and it will be looked into. The mod staff here is 100% volunteer based and we work very hard to keep things running smoothly and keeping things friendly. Are there things we can improve? Of course, but I feel we do a great job and are leaps and bounds over other forums I have been on. I may be biased but I still think it 100%. And as far as cliques go any place with lots of members will have cliques of some sort whether good or bad. I could have read the original post here and bet a large sum of money on who the next 5 members to post would be and been right. So this goes both ways. I have a feeling I know where this is coming from but I’ll stop there don’t want to fuel the conspiracy theory any more...

I sincerely appreciate your response. Im actually surprised who responded in the first 5 posts they would not be the ones I would have predicted...

I think you do a great job as well. (I think I said - anyone who would be a mod on an Internet forum must be a saint).

I didnt mention anything about cliques - I think someone else did.

I honestly don't understand what you mean by 'this goes both ways'. No offense - you are creating a false argument - Its not me against you - Its me saying something's different on this site - and asking a couple questions.

As to me reporting the person who sent me a private message - no - I won't. It was paraphrased - from a couple people - and it was clear. My goal is not to get someone in trouble. You guys know what's true and what is not - as do I.... I have no vendetta against the person who PM'd me - and IMHO - a PM is private. (I was probably mistaken in mentioning it in the first place). If you want to talk about that issue privately - feel free.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sincerely appreciate your response. Im actually surprised who responded in the first 5 posts they would not be the ones I would have predicted...

I think you do a great job as well. (I think I said - anyone who would be a mod on an Internet forum must be a saint).

I honestly don't understand what you mean by 'this goes both ways'. No offense - you are creating a false argument - Its not me against you - Its me saying something's different on this site - and asking a couple questions.

As to me reporting the person who sent me a private message - no - I won't. It was paraphrased - from a couple people - and it was clear. My goal is not to get someone in trouble. You guys know what's true and what is not - as do I.... I have no vendetta against the person who PM'd me - and IMHO - a PM is private. (I was probably mistaken in mentioning it in the first place). If you want to talk about that issue privately - feel free.
Maybe he meant there's two people involved so two different opinions, like one sees the glass half full and the other sees it half empty.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

kschweer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really not trying to argue I promise you that And I’m sorry if it came off that way. What I was saying is there will be cliques that form on either side of an argument or stance on a subject.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and please report the message where you were told “no one likes you here” we will look into it for you.

OH - and - I forgot - in rereading my PM's one Mod complimented me on 'improving' the tone of my posts. As in anything - its not all negative - and I have no big issue here. But - I stand by my original post.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really not trying to argue I promise you that And I’m sorry if it came off that way. What I was saying is there will be cliques that form on either side of an argument or stance on a subject.

Like the qt'rs vs non qt'rs arghhh

Nutramar Foods

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feel that particular person should be called out on it. Regardless of whether or not it was in a PM. If it was a staff member, they absolutely should be held accountable. All I here time and time again is staff members and RS members are held to a higher standard. Well that kind of behavior is certainly not in line with those standards at all and if it's not dealt with the whole speech I mentioned above is kindof meaningless.

And ofcourse by being dealt with I mean being reported and the proper procedure being followed, obviously in saying that it can't be dealt with if it's not reported in the first place.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It didn't at all (think you were arguing). - like I said - I sincerely appreciate your responding.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said! I have a feeling this tread is going to be locked, however. Hope we can have an good discussion about this topic.

Funny - I was re-reading my post - and the responses - and this one hit me - because it explains the 'something different' here better than any of the other examples I've experienced previously. Whether true or not - the 'fear' that 'Illl be blocked', 'the thread will be closed'k 'the mods will be mad'. Is the underlying 'feeling' I have here. Its funny some others do as well.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny - I was re-reading my post - and the responses - and this one hit me - because it explains the 'something different' here better than any of the other examples I've experienced previously. Whether true or not - the 'fear' that 'Illl be blocked', 'the thread will be closed'k 'the mods will be mad'. Is the underlying 'feeling' I have here. Its funny some others do as well.
I’m afraid to post anything anymore

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back