Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm soon getting a bta. will it hurt it to the point of death? I have very low rockwork so will it even touch it?
A bta would. I would read through this article. It is by an incredible author who has written a book about reefing which i have read over a bunch of times. He loves pipefish and wrote an article here on r2r about them. Its a great read and has a bunch of summarized information from loads of research.

Nutramar Foods

Badboyan93l

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard food can go scarce with cleaner wrasses, which is unfortunate because they're so entertaining:crying-face: big sad
that's a myth LOL. Just get one that eats mysis, then you can start feeding it frozen homemade and then flakes or pellets. BUT make sure it eats at the store.

Corals.com

zoomonster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard food can go scarce with cleaner wrasses, which is unfortunate because they're so entertaining:crying-face: big sad
IMO not true. Mine eats everything like the other fish. Now my sixline seldom eats but is usually fat as a pig from eating pods but no shortage of those either. My cleaner will entertain himself doing endless loops around a MP40 like a rat on a wheel.

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bta would. I would read through this article. It is by an incredible author who has written a book about reefing which i have read over a bunch of times. He loves pipefish and wrote an article here on r2r about them. Its a great read and has a bunch of summarized information from loads of research.
I just read it. Looks like I have to decide over bta or pipefish.

World Wide Corals

Rob U

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have good luck picking a lawnmower blenny. I picked one that wasn't eating but I plan on getting another and trying again. I heard bicolor blennies will eat some coral is this true?
I don’t think bicolor blennies eat any corals, they graze on some types of algae but to my knowledge they are completely reef safe.

As with all fish they need to be in the right environment and with compatible tank mates, but I think is particularly important for blennies and gobies. If you did get a lawnmower blenny then a bicolor would not be a good idea since they’re both algae grazing blennies. There are a lot of good articles if you do a net search for them.

Overall, I think blennies and gobies exhibit very interesting and funny behavior, and are fairly inexpensive. But many of them have specialized environment needs and are tricky. Others are easy and adapt well. They’re small fish so big aggressive tank mates can be dangerous and also inhibit their feeding and behavior.

Anyway, I really recommend Bicolor blennies and think you should consider one. Mine have been very hardy, they eat well and explore the tank. Males seem to adapt better than females in my experience. They are very cute, intelligent and interesting. And are pretty brave at being out and about if conditions are right for them.

One thing to watch out for is circulation pumps like VorTech, or any circulation pump that you turn off for tank feeding. Both my bicolors have been persistent about perching in the pump when it’s turned off. They love to perch in there and peek out.

Vsnutz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always liked my six-line wrasse. I need another one once my tank gets going.

Attachments

• Six_Line_Wrasse.jpg
    Six_Line_Wrasse.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 11
Top Shelf Aquatics

Pudgeshambley

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think bicolor blennies eat any corals, they graze on some types of algae but to my knowledge they are completely reef safe.

As with all fish they need to be in the right environment and with compatible tank mates, but I think is particularly important for blennies and gobies. If you did get a lawnmower blenny then a bicolor would not be a good idea since they’re both algae grazing blennies. There are a lot of good articles if you do a net search for them.

Overall, I think blennies and gobies exhibit very interesting and funny behavior, and are fairly inexpensive. But many of them have specialized environment needs and are tricky. Others are easy and adapt well. They’re small fish so big aggressive tank mates can be dangerous and also inhibit their feeding and behavior.

Anyway, I really recommend Bicolor blennies and think you should consider one. Mine have been very hardy, they eat well and explore the tank. Males seem to adapt better than females in my experience. They are very cute, intelligent and interesting. And are pretty brave at being out and about if conditions are right for them.

One thing to watch out for is circulation pumps like VorTech, or any circulation pump that you turn off for tank feeding. Both my bicolors have been persistent about perching in the pump when it’s turned off. They love to perch in there and peek out.
I currently have a yellow watchman goby. I was thinking about getting a tailspot blenny. From everything I have read they seem to be compatible but I was just wondering if you have an opinion or have ever had that combination

Dude64

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I was wondering about your favorite cheap but entertaining fish. I wanna see other's opinions to see if I could get a new fun fish for my tank... Which is looking a little empty.
My personal favorite are the only fish I have in the tank, meh clownfish. I'd be interested to see your favs.
If you're looking for cheap entertainment, you need to consider the ultimate in cleanup and mystery... the molly. A common freshwater species, it aclimates well to salt. I've had black, orange, and Zebras (pictured) as of recent. The curious element here is putting them in saltwater is likely to make a female pop out a half dozen little ones. They'll simply be a snack for most all salt water critters, but a breeder box will let you grow a few. I had 9 in there at one point. The longest I had one set in the tank was about 6 months.

Attachments

• 20210924_160728.jpg
    20210924_160728.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 13
AS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starry blennies are always fun IMO

Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back