Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine definitely a jawfish, they have so much character, and very entertaining watching them move their rocks around. This is a bali tiger jaw, but there are a few species:

View attachment 3142558
I don't have a deep layer of sand in the tank, only Nausarrius snails can cover themselves.

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally any group of Anthias...

I heard they could school! ER ME GERD!
Will they kill each other like chromis. Please tell me no! They're so pretty. And they freaking school!

BRS

miguelvega76

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I was wondering about your favorite cheap but entertaining fish. I wanna see other's opinions to see if I could get a new fun fish for my tank... Which is looking a little empty.
My personal favorite are the only fish I have in the tank, meh clownfish. I'd be interested to see your favs.
Clownfish , although the designer ones are not cheap. Saltwater mollies , i just got one lyretails to start a tank . They are like mini orange anthias. Obviously anthias is way more beautiful. I like that mollies are hardy , they double as cleanup crew and they tend to give fry that serves as food for other fish and invertebrates. They are also pretty nice swimmers and fun to watch. Mandarin are nice but i will not keep them as my reef is not mature enough and i dont want to starve them to death.

AS
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into those, but I'm a little scared that they might destroy the rock work
I made the mistake of putting rocks on the sand bed instead of putting rocks in first and sand around it. I then got a goby and pistol shrimp, and the rocks always shifted and killed/suffocated the shrimp. That doesnt always happen to everyone but I had bad luck. 3 times we got a new shrimp. The first lasted 2 months, the second 3 month, the third 1 month. Of course it varies but also if you applied epoxy to your rocks and connected them that way when rock-scaping that would help.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of putting rocks on the sand bed instead of putting rocks in first and sand around it. I then got a goby and pistol shrimp, and the rocks always shifted and killed/suffocated the shrimp. That doesnt always happen to everyone but I had bad luck. 3 times we got a new shrimp. The first lasted 2 months, the second 3 month, the third 1 month. Of course it varies but also if you applied epoxy to your rocks and connected them that way when rock-scaping that would help.
I made the same mistake! lol, looks like I won't be risking that.

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that the cleaner wrasse needs a 90-gallon or more... I have a 47-gallon.
Dont get a cleaner wrasse they are insanely hard to care for and only really survive in signficantly larger tanks with groupers, eels, tangs, etc. They pretty much only eat dead cells from other fish, which in order to be enough should ideally be a 200+ gallon tank with a bunch of larger fish, or if you are an expert or just lucky you can sometimes have them weaned to eat live food but its rare. a 90 gallon would be too small for a cleaner wrasse, let alone a 47. If you want a wrasse get a 6 lined wrasse. That will fit in your aquarium depending on aquascape, and they are fun to watch because they are fast and cool. Get a lid if you dont have one already though

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont get a cleaner wrasse they are insanely hard to care for and only really survive in signficantly larger tanks with groupers, eels, tangs, etc. They pretty much only eat dead cells from other fish, which in order to be enough should ideally be a 200+ gallon tank with a bunch of larger fish, or if you are an expert or just lucky you can sometimes have them weaned to eat live food but its rare. a 90 gallon would be too small for a cleaner wrasse, let alone a 47. If you want a wrasse get a 6 lined wrasse. That will fit in your aquarium depending on aquascape, and they are fun to watch because they are fast and cool. Get a lid if you dont have one already though
ye, no tangs in my tank or else the tang police are going to come!

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the same mistake! lol, looks like I won't be risking that.
Yeah it felt like a good idea at first lol, and it normally doesnt matter unless you get those sand-sifters. Because your tank isnt too big, if you can reach everywhere in the tank you could change the rock format if you dont have too much rock. if you just move the sand to the side temporarily, its possible.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also get Pajama cardinals those are less fun to watch cause they just hang in the water floating still but they are cool. A little school of 3-4 is a great idea and fun to watch imo
1683738770946.png

Tchung23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this combo and they are great!!

Also really like my pink streaked wrasse. Love how it cruises around the rock work.
All my fish died from brook recently so I don't have any pictures. I would recommend a pistol shrimp and goby pair. My favorite is a dracula goby and red banded pistol shrimp. These ones are not cheap but there are cheaper options.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back