Equipment Selection Help Needed

Dr.Abag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a 1 year into my reefing hobby and upgrading to my first new tank. I travel a lot and want to make sure that I make it easy for myself and my house mates to look after the tank. They are ok to help me doing maintenance.

Having that in mind, here are two options that I can go for:
Red Sea Max 250 G2 Setup (Tank, Return Pump, Skimmer, ATO, Lights and Wavemaker) all included, and I get a 10% discount.

Mixed Setup (Tank, Return Pump, Skimmer, ATO from Red Sea). Noop Lights and MP40 (Second Hand).

Both these Setup would cost me around 7000$ NZD. Is one predominantly better than other? I have never heard or read anything about Red Sea lights and Noops are being compared here to being better than Radions, Same about the eco tech.

Would the benefits of say the noop lights/ ecotech outweigh the convenience of just getting my wife to look at one app (reef beat). I want to grow basic softies, LPS and maybe someday Basic SPS as well

Thanks

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uncanny-harbor-film-uncanny-harbor.gif

Ok I'm ready, let the show begin!

All jokes aside, there are way to many threads here on RedSea failures. I personally would never trust one.

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do believe all the failures are with the G1 series, not the G2. Do your research on the Red Sea tanks though.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the last one I looked at, and I believe it was the new design

OP
OP
Dr.Abag

Dr.Abag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go read all the Red Sea seam failures disaster thread before you decide on a Red Sea.
Yes I have read up on all of that. I am getting a small tank which don't seem to have had the failures and also 5-year warranty on the new ones. We don't have a supplier for CADE here in NZ and the other options are Landen and Water Box. They dont have waterbox tanks and will take 3-6 months for them to get here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back