Red Sea ATO - Does anyone else have "overfilling" issues?

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the red sea ATO. In the app there is an option to put a delay start on it so that it does not kick in right away after I turn it back on. If you do not configure it right it will start kicking in before the sump levels back out and will dump water into the tank. Also depending on the red sea system you have you can adjust the ATO sensor. I have the G2 system and it has a built in attachment for the ATO sensor. There are 2 positions. Also in the app you need to configure the ATO hose length and height. I believe that part is sued to determine how strong the pump kicks and and duration before the sensor says it is good
That is something I totally overlooked!! Does it give you a duration of the delay?

I adjusted the hose length. I honestly think it's just the fact that the system can't catch up, and fill the return compartment quick enough before the ATO kicks on.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Florian Meisinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues at first as well. Didn‘t cut the hose to the right lenght at first and didn‘t adjust the length of the hose in the app. The hose was longer than set in the app and the pump would time out eventually, so not enough water being pumped to fill up the sump. I set the lenght in the app to 200 cm and it worked fine.
When I cut the hose to the right lenght of 90 cm, I first forgot to adjust the lenght in the app and the ATO would pump way too much water into the sump. Set to the right lenght in the app it‘s working flawlessly Ever since.
Long story short, it seems to be crucial to set the correct length of the hose in the app for the ATO to work properly.

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues at first as well. Didn‘t cut the hose to the right lenght at first and didn‘t adjust the length of the hose in the app. The hose was longer than set in the app and the pump would time out eventually, so not enough water being pumped to fill up the sump. I set the lenght in the app to 200 cm and it worked fine.
When I cut the hose to the right lenght of 90 cm, I first forgot to adjust the lenght in the app and the ATO would pump way too much water into the sump. Set to the right lenght in the app it‘s working flawlessly Ever since.
Long story short, it seems to be crucial to set the correct length of the hose in the app for the ATO to work properly.
I would agree. I do have my tubes cut to the right length but had to learn the hard way lol.

I’m certain the issue is user error. I just need to put a delay so that the return chamber can fill up, and water level gets settled through the sump.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back