0   0   0
I've got a 75g tank with,

1 snowflake clown
1 midas blenny
1 melanurus wrasse
1 pajama cardinal
1 Coral beauty

I added a Kole tang today that just came out of quarentine,

Recently my clownfish and coral beauty have been going at it pretty bad to the point that both there fins are looking a bit tattered. I've tried removing the clown fish because she would be easier to catch but haven't had any luck

Since adding the Kole tang I noticed that the coral beauty gets chased around a bit by the tang and the clown is now getting a bit of a break

I've tried adding some extra rock to the tank to create more caves and hiding spots but the clown just seems to swim around in the open

I'm thinking to add another clownfish but not sure if this will cause more or less aggression

Any input from previous experiences would be great

Also If there's some fish for that size tank you think would be a great addition I would appreciate the input

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they just need to establish a pecking order, and the aggression should die down in a few days. If it doesn’t, you can try adding a mirror. Or, something that has always worked for me is temporarily removing the most aggressive fish for a week or two. Rearranging the rocks a bit could help, but it's not necessary. After that, you can reintroduce the fish.

I'm not sure if adding another clownfish would reduce the aggression, but clownfish generally do better in pairs.

A yellow watchman goby and shrimp pair, along with a firefish or flame hawkfish, could be good additions. you have tons of options for fish, so I would look through at LiveAquaria. Pick a few fish you like, then come back see if they would be a good fit for your tank.

Last edited:

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are notoriously aggressive, especially the Females, (They have to fight to be a Female) so they probably stay ticked their entire lives is all I can figure to explain it :p

I know if my girl suddenly had to fight to be able to grow her Lady Bits she'd be so mad there would be no living with her!!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back