Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we set our tank up we started with 2 bigger live rocks and the fish store said wait a few days testing the water then get a set of clowns to help with the tank which is what we did and then after a week we got the 2 green chroma and have just been gradually adding stuff. We dont have a mantis shrimp or any big crab. The hermit crabs are about the size a pinky nail with their shells. And as for the rest of the fish everything seemed to be getting along fine until last night/this morning i got up at 240 and checked on the tank since i was already up and everything was fine swimming around

Avast
OP
OP
N

Nacole117

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can take a picture and everything was cycled we bought the rock from the store that was already in a tank but we let that sit for i think it was 5 days then went to the store to ask for advice on what to do next and the guy recommended we get a set of clowns to help cycle the tank. And they have been fine since then give me a minute to go take a picture

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
N

Nacole117

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the picture of the tank

20200305_151837_HDR.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Zan's Aquatica

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the tank was cycled, adding a clown pair and a chromis or two isnt going to stress a 55 gallon system. And if that same system was fine after a few days, then it was still fine after a week or two. Adding a couple more fish at that point would also be fine. And so on.

How am i being dramatic if a bunch of fish just died overnight... I don't know about you but I consider them living beings and not just replaceable toys. You keep saying everything is fine, tank won't stress, all is good... then, um, what about the whole point of this thread?

I offered my input based on my knowledge, you can sit here and tell me I'm wrong, then offer better knowledge in its place and solve the problem at hand which I am trying to do...

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
N

Nacole117

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We left them in their bags for 25 mins and watched them for like an hour to make sure they werent being bullied. Beside the other fish going to investigate them they didnt bother them. However the wrasse did chase the yellow tailed chroma around which i put him in the time out tank for awhile and i didnt see it again after thar

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How am i being dramatic if a bunch of fish just died overnight... I don't know about you but I consider them living beings and not just replaceable toys. You keep saying everything is fine, tank won't stress, all is good... then, um, what about the whole point of this thread?

I offered my input based on my knowledge, you can sit here and tell me I'm wrong, then offer better knowledge in its place and solve the problem at hand which I am trying to do...

There is obviously an issue. It is not obviously a bioload issue. Saying stocking 10 fish in anything less than a year can lead to all fish dying is overdramatic.

World Wide Corals

Zan's Aquatica

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is obviously an issue. It is not obviously a bioload issue. Saying stocking 10 fish in anything less than a year can lead to all fish dying is overdramatic.

I prefer to not kill any fish, if you don't mind casualties and just having a goofy old reefing time, then go on ahead but don't tell me I am dramatic for caring and being considerate about every life that I bring into my home. Just go your way, dude...

Top Shelf Aquatics

Glott3133

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown fish issue may have been the two clowns picking at each other, one being more dominant than the other (female vs male). If the one that died because of this stress, fins are the first to go on a vulnerable fish. The other two may have just been a bad batch, especially if they were the newest ones. Nature doesn't always get along nicely.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back