**Cherry Corals Halloween Live Sale! Oct. 24th 6pm to 12am! 600+ Frags**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dennis romano

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not what I've been told by the pleco people I know. They say they are hard to keep. I've never even seen one in person. The one local store that brings in all the super rare plecos says they will not bring them in because they die too easily.
Everyone thinks that all plecos are algae eaters. These must have meat in their diet, like black worms, blood worms etc. Breeders load their tank with pvc and they jam themselves in the pipes. Water must be clean and moving. You have to keep on top of the water quality.

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you on peppermint shrimp, but my eel would have a feast on them
Oh boy!! To expensive to be eel snacks. I've used aiptasia X before. It will kill them but i feel like you can never get them all and they come back. If you just have a few it'll kill them.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring the fire!!!

giphy.gif

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone thinks that all plecos are algae eaters. These must have meat in their diet, like black worms, blood worms etc. Breeders load their tank with pvc and they jam themselves in the pipes. Water must be clean and moving. You have to keep on top of the water quality.

They know that. They have been at this for 30+ years. He went on a long spill about them discussing mouth formation which meant they were meat eaters etc. He said there was just something about them that made them harder to keep than most other plecos. If they truly were so easy to breed you would think we would see more of them available since they command such a high price. I would just like to see one in person. I thought I might get to see one at Aquashella this year since there were a couple of big pleco dealers going to be there but then it was cancelled.

Melbowman8818

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any idea how to get rid of asteria starfish ... these things seem to really be taking off in my tank :-(
We had a harlequin shrimp, loved that crazy fool. At those star fish all up, then had to get chocolate chip starfish to keep him fed. So cool to watch

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Breeders
Back