ChemiClean didn’t make my skimmer go crazy?

jayteerq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I dosed my first tank with chemiclean and it made my skimmer go crazy. Cool that’s what is suppose to happen.

Dosed my second tank with chemiclean mixed with coral snow. Only skimmer and filter socks in. Uv and carbon off. But my skimmer is behaving normal… is that fine? Lol did I do something wrong? Did coral snow cancel out the chemiclean somehow?

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I dosed my first tank with chemiclean and it made my skimmer go crazy. Cool that’s what is suppose to happen.

Dosed my second tank with chemiclean mixed with coral snow. Only skimmer and filter socks in. Uv and carbon off. But my skimmer is behaving normal… is that fine? Lol did I do something wrong? Did coral snow cancel out the chemiclean somehow?

The counter ion that makes skimmer foam over was adsorbed by the coral snow like phosphate is, but the erythromycin part of Chemiclean was free to do its job.

OP
OP
jayteerq

jayteerq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The counter ion that makes skimmer foam over was adsorbed by the coral snow like phosphate is, but the erythromycin part of Chemiclean was free to do its job.
Wow that’s a beauty of science right there. Thank you! So it’s safe to say I didn’t cancel out my chemiclean dose? Where do you guys learn these things!!! That’s so intelligent. Maybe people should always use this combo when using chemiclean so they don’t have the effects of a rogue skimmer

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a beauty of science right there. Thank you! So it’s safe to say I didn’t cancel out my chemiclean dose? Where do you guys learn these things!!! That’s so intelligent. Maybe people should always use this combo when using chemiclean so they don’t have the effects of a rogue skimmer
I can’t say for sure this is what happened. If the Chemiclean treatment worked, it certainly would be support for using coral snow+Chemiclean.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back