Blennies and Bundles of Joy: Do your kids enjoy your aquarium(s)?

Do your kids enjoy your aquarium(s)? Share a favorite memory of your little one(s) with your tank!

• Yes, they love it!

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • They're not super interested...

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Not yet, they're too young to understand.

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I'm not a parent, but if I become one I hope they'll enjoy it!

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For many of us, reefing is close to the top of the list of things we love. You probably wouldn't be reading this if it weren't! But to me, there is nothing more important than family. Especially the little ones in our lives who we are responsible for taking care of. And when you put those two things together, what do you get? A cuteness overload!

Do your kids enjoy your aquarium(s)?

Sea Talking GIF by Storyful

kingranch2003

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 8 year old and I were at the lfs the other day, and someone asked an employee what type of coral a certain frag was. Before he could answer, my son said, "That's a cyphastrea." I knew he was enjoying the hobby, but that one caught me off gaurd Lol. He HAS been paying attention.

Last edited:

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, my kids LOVED my old 90. At the time, Son was about 12 and Daughter, 10. So I didn't get into the nitty-gritty with them. Now, with my upcoming launch, my daughter will know everything I can teach her. She is much like me. So is Son 'O Mine, but he's out of the house. His specialty has become Ponds. He rescued his girlfriend's Mom's pond a few years ago and brought it back from the brink of death. It's fun to go over and watch the maintenance aspect. I've broached the possibility of a pond at my house (I have the PERFECT place for it), but the wife shot it down. Something about paying bills, paying off the car and paying off the house....... Silly girl!!!!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day my 14 year old daughter asked what was coming out of the rock flower anemone. I said, "Well, it is pooping."

She very dramatically said, "Wait a second, the other day you said that was its mouth!" I said, "Well yes, it is."

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day my 14 year old daughter asked what was coming out of the rock flower anemone. I said, "Well, it is pooping."

She very dramatically said, "Wait a second, the other day you said that was its mouth!" I said, "Well yes, it is."
Did she have that Horrified Teenage Girl look on her face?!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They used to love everything about it, name all the fish, help me, etc. But now they are teenagers. :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

armyvetheather

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My teenage son wanted a tank when I first started but got him freshwater instead. Couldn't afford to pay for two coral habits . He still has it and takes care of it. The 450 gallon is both of ours but of course I take care of it.

TBSB2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our son is 25 and really has no interest but to say "pretty" and walk off. Not an outdoorsy kinda person. Would rather be cooped up playing video games. No idea where he go it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back