Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote would be a 60breeder dt and 40 breeder sump great dimensions don’t necessarily have to upgrade but if you do then you have a great sump and qt with both tanks. Wish I started out that way and then cost would have been significantly less.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

TorontoReefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'
If looking for a sold starter tank. As everyone mentioned AIO tanks are great

I would honestly recommend reef casa. They are on par with Waterbox tanks and they have start kits that have everything you need to start!

The aquarium is the cheapest part. I think the accessories and rock/sand always end up being where the cost is

I have one and would agree. Plus their customer service is great.

killstank

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m new to this and never had a salt/fresh water tank before. I’ve been looking at different stores and places online to get a tank, but I’m not sure which one is best? I was looking at glass frameless ones, and possibly something from fluval but I’m curious as to what everyone else thinks! Thanks!!
My fluval 13.5g got me started. Six months later I got a 45g. More water, easier to maintain levels. more fish. easier to keep coral healthy.

Buy some bio rocks from a tank from your lfs. My store had tons of them in big bags.

45g ~$2000 way easier but if ur budget is 13.5G ~$500 it will make u happy.

Nutramar Foods

NjMikeD83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tricky question. I started with a biocube, a 30 gallon all in one.. however then after 60 days I got a 55 gallon.. then after 60 more days I got a 75.. then a 90.. I stuck with my 90 for about 4 years.. so I say suck it up and buy a 90.

Hairyteeth

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean we all get bigger tanks lol…my first tank was an evo13.5 it’s my pride and joy, I have many other tanks but my evo is my fav by far, yes it can be tricky… if you make it so but it doesn’t have to be!
Most any t ank is a great way to start, just don’t break the bank and enjoy the journey!
Research is the biggest money saver btw

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back