Bayer coral dip in display tank??

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you post a pic of these bugs, short video ?

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone saying not to trust bayer doesn't know anything. It's banned in the UK because they can't be arsed to properly test so they just ban everything. True story.

Anyway. Bucket, mix enough to make the water milk. Powerhead. Give it 20 minutes. Or you could do less bayer and extend time, both are equally effective. Remember if the water is milk you can't see the bugs moving. So maybe less bayer and more time and a good light to see what is happening. Rinse in another bucket, then move to another rinse bucket with a powerhead for several minutes. Put back in tank. Wait two days, repeat EVEN if you don't see black bugs. Then wait three weeks dip again EVEN if you don't see the bugs. GOOD LUCK!

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I did a 5 minute fresh water dip and then sprayed hydrogen peroxide directly on the polyps. All the polyps were bubbling and after a minute of that, I rinsed the rock off and put it back into the QT. The zoa's are definitely not happy, but they look clean now and initial inspection I could not see any bugs. I went full out nuclear war on these things... Hopefully the zoa's survive. I will check back in tomorrow.

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I did a 5 minute fresh water dip and then sprayed hydrogen peroxide directly on the polyps. All the polyps were bubbling and after a minute of that, I rinsed the rock off and put it back into the QT. The zoa's are definitely not happy, but they look clean now and initial inspection I could not see any bugs. I went full out nuclear war on these things... Hopefully the zoa's survive. I will check back in tomorrow.
Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the peroxide and fresh water dip worked. Not perfect, but they look better

Attachments

• IMG_20240915_112942.jpg
    IMG_20240915_112942.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It destroyed the pink diamonds though. I think they are a different species of zoa's.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back